For Sale BAT, 1979 Orange FJ55, Geneva, IL (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That was the color of my first pig. 1972 that I bought in 1973 for $3500 with 3500 miles on it.

Based on the Toyota color reference charts, the Polux orange (T304) color on the FJ55 was only offered in 1971-72. Was your 2 tone or solid orange? Rare pig color.

Color chart for that color looks different to me then what looks to be on that rig gonna have to look again…so tough to make Decision off ccot website.

C4F8686E-5682-4E13-AF9C-3BA23FC8574D.jpeg
E1B5CB38-ED8D-4FC0-B97A-CD8A16AC1831.jpeg

It was my work truck, airplane, submarine, helicopter, playpen and numerous other unmentionable things. I did things with that amazing pig that no other vehicle would have survived unless it was a tank.

Thanks for you appreciation

First, post, and it won't be the last...she is coming to NJ! I must say the current owner has been incredible. I can't wait to get her loaded and the ball rolling. Not looking for a concourse or showpiece...just a fun truck to drive and beat on and slowly but surely do what everyone does and spend way more than they should, yet another fun toy!!!

Yes, the bidding history was fascinating...it was pretty clear that it was a BAT bot that was auto-bidding to approach the reserve...

I have a 4th 78 body and likely a spare frame, title and 2F/h41f, both axles, driveshafts, etc. harness is still in the truck.

Column, pedal assembly, and a bunch of small parts missing that will take a while to source. It might be the one “stock” pig when it’s done.

Maybe I’ll paint it ornch and sell it on BAT.

View attachment 2823325
View attachment 2823323
Do it! Everyone needs an Ornch Pig in their lives!

My first Pig was Pollux/burnt orange/pumpkin (under all that primer).

Based on the Toyota color reference charts, the Polux orange (T304) color on the FJ55 was only offered in 1971-72. Was your 2 tone or solid orange? Rare pig color.

My first Pig was titled as a '74, and there was factory orange in places that they had not shot with primer. I don't recall if I could tell if she was 2-tone...

First, post, and it won't be the last...she is coming to NJ! I must say the current owner has been incredible. I can't wait to get her loaded and the ball rolling. Not looking for a concourse or showpiece...just a fun truck to drive and beat on and slowly but surely do what everyone does and spend way more than they should, yet another fun toy!!!

Yes, the bidding history was fascinating...it was pretty clear that it was a BAT bot that was auto-bidding to approach the reserve...
Wow, you goat a '79 Pig!!!
The last year of the most unique and amazing Land Cruiser Toyota ever built!
Welcome to the Sty, looking forward to hearing more about your Cruiser adventures!!!

The beautiful Orange/white pig below is what hooked me into acquiring one. Anyone know where this gem is hiding? Long ago it was supposedly in Colorado.

View attachment 2824104
I just spotted this post. I restored this pig many years ago...when you could afford to. The picture shows the rig when it was located in St George Utah. I bought the cruiser in Lander, Wy($1,000). I had the motor rebuilt, new clutch and most mechanical work done here in Jackson, Wy. I had all the bodywork completed in Utah. I can tell it is mine by the side window sticker(Wilson Classic Cruisers). I sold it to one of the owners of the Ace Hardware in St George. He resold it to a guy in Texas. I had a friend send me a pic of it with window sticker in Texas. The latest I heard, it had been repossessed and sold by the bank(without the rack). The new owner was in Nebraska I believe.....that was 10+ years ago. I have fond memories of cutting access holes to sandblast and restore inside the rockers. A metal shop formed new pieces that fit over the top. I also buffed the classic m6000 to look like new. Dukes

$20 grand! oh my.

Even with the 'bot' or whatever/whoever driving up the price beyond reasonable, you still went for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom