Hard to start after fuel pump replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I got a 1fz-fe petrol/lpg here and I just replaced my fuel pump to a Bosch one as my car couldn’t idle on petrol and struggle to start if it hasn’t been driven in hours. Now that I’ve replaced it, when the car is cold it will start beautifully within the first crank. But now when the engine warms up and I turn the car off it’s a nightmare to turn on again. It can take 10 minutes to start the thing, the engine will keep cranking but won’t fire up even when using lpg. I believe it has spark has I had pulled a lead off to check and you can smell the fuel vapours through the exhaust but it just won’t start, any ideas? I was wondering if it could be caused by a Coolant temp sensor or the fusible link somehow as when the car gets warm, the idle also likes to pick up to 1200

Double check all the wiring, especially the fuel pump relay.

Good luck
Hey guys I got a 1fz-fe petrol/lpg here and I just replaced my fuel pump to a Bosch one as my car couldn’t idle on petrol and struggle to start if it hasn’t been driven in hours. Now that I’ve replaced it, when the car is cold it will start beautifully within the first crank. But now when the engine warms up and I turn the car off it’s a nightmare to turn on again. It can take 10 minutes to start the thing, the engine will keep cranking but won’t fire up even when using lpg. I believe it has spark has I had pulled a lead off to check and you can smell the fuel vapours through the exhaust but it just won’t start, any ideas? I was wondering if it could be caused by a Coolant temp sensor or the fusible link somehow as when the car gets warm, the idle also likes to pick up to 1200
I’ve found that it will start if I pop the hood and open the throttle body by hand while a friend cranks it over, starts no problem like that but won’t start with the foot on the pedal or with hand throttle, don’t they all essentially do the same thing?

The Coolant sensor to the ECU was the issue and replacing that has solved this issue upon also fixing a high idle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom