New Badland Apex 12,000 lb. Winch (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How long did you go with the screws from Fairlead into winch ?

I got some 40MM from Napa , but that was before I realized that I was going to have to use the same holes in bumper for winch mount and fairlead.

Also what are you using on the back end , in the winch same nuts provided by Harbor Freight?

Also did you remove this part from the truck?( Sub assembly front end) , on my 8o the attachment in middle of front end I broke screw trying to get it out , so I just bent it up , but is still resting on the top of the winch.

View attachment 2821146

View attachment 2821147

View attachment 2821148

View attachment 2821149
I used the square nuts that came with the winch, i did not need to remove a sub frame, and I’m sorry, i don’t recall the length of the bolts, i believe their were M10 2.25. Take the bolts with you and add the difference and buy a couple different lengths of the same bolt. Fit them in the parking lot and swap as necessary. I bought them from Home Depot.

The advantage is that its the correct fairlead for a foot forward mount.
Notice these pics and how the stock hawse doesn't line up with the opening property.
What's the advantage of this?

attachments.jpg

attachments-1.jpg

The advantage is that its the correct fairlead for a foot forward mount.
Notice these pics and how the stock hawse doesn't line up with the opening property.

View attachment 2822582

View attachment 2822583
Seeing that 1st pic made me look at my roller fairlead mount. I don't remember if the Warn fairlead came with the offset holes, or I had to drill them myself. You don't have that choice with the Hawse, but may be it's just a smaller opening in the ARB that messes up the alignment.

Pic of my ARB mount for ref:
fairlead mtg.jpg

I used the square nuts that came with the winch, i did not need to remove a sub frame, and I’m sorry, i don’t recall the length of the bolts, i believe their were M10 2.25. Take the bolts with you and add the difference and buy a couple different lengths of the same bolt. Fit them in the parking lot and swap as necessary. I bought them from Home Depot.
All good , thanks for the reply , i got a 6 pack at Lowes , they are stainless steel which isn't as strong as the 8.8 hardened bolts. but 6 for 8$ pretty good. I am using these on the bottom where ill put the fairlead ( offset factor 55 ) great look there @gnob , on top i have 40 MM 8.8 bolts from Napa .

still all maybe a moot point as i have not successfully gotten the winch to turn on yet , but if the rains slow today ill go do some electrical testing !

lowes-bolts.jpg

napa_bolt.jpg

When checking availability on winch hitch mount at my local HF, manager alerted a new 12,000lb mount just came out. Appears their web page isn't broadcasting at the moment, found some cached info for those considering:

12,000 lb. Winch Hitch Mount​

This 12,000 lb. winch hitch mount fits most powersport or truck/SUV winches
Compare to ROUGH COUNTRY RS109 at $139.95 Save $64

Available Online by Nov. 16
In-Store Only

Product Overview​

This BADLAND™ Winch Hitch Mount is easy to install using your existing trailer hitch receiver. This heavy-duty mount has a 12,000 lb. capacity and three popular mounting patterns to secure most powersport winches. The industrial-strength powder coated finish resists corrosion and won't chip, flake or peel.
  • Three popular mounting patterns to fit most winches
  • Fits most standard 2 in. Class IV hitch receivers with a hitch pin hole located 2 in. from the receiver face
  • Industrial strength powder coated finish
  • Heavy-duty 1/4 in. steel plate construction with thick 1 in. diameter handles
SKU(s) 57607
Brand BADLAND
Accessories Included adjustable fairlead adapter for smaller winches, hitch pin and clip
Application 2500 lb. to 5000 lb. powersports winches, 9000 lb. to 12,000 lb. truck/SUV winches
Coating powder coat
Material1/4 in. plate steel
Receiver size (in.) 2 in.
Shipping Weight 31.97 lb.
Note: Specifications are approximate and subject to change

badland_12k_receivermount.JPG

Not lately. Since HF did away with their 20% off coupon and changed their business model to push customers to join the inside track club their products have become a lot less appealing to me. They just don't have the deals like before.

Im just going to drop this here.
Thank you gnob. I have the apex 12k, and I ordered this from factor55. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Wanted to post what I did to fit my Badland Apex 12k winch on my ARB bumper. I didn't read much of this thread bc it's 13 pages so someone might have had the same idea for the winch controller. I have a 96 HDJ81 (RHD DIesel) with a front mount intercooler. Used two 3/8" thick x 2" wide bars as spacers with 2 washers to make the winch not touch. Not happy about adding the washers but wanted a little wiggle room if the bummer flexed. All the bolt holes and fairlead matched up and fit without any issues. Needed longer M10x1.5 bolts, think it was 55/60mm for the top and 70mm for the bottom? For the winch controller, I cut the bottom of the housing and moved it back a little to clear then drilled and tapped two holes on the winch to mount it. The cuts aren't too pretty but it works. I think it might have fit in between the winch and intercooler but I never tried.

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4051.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom