Any Aftermarket Rears Allow for Stock Spare Placement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having a hell of a time deciding on a rear bumper and that is being compounded by a lack of available stock, which is of course understandable right now.

Looking for an aftermarket rear bumper, preferably with quarter panel protection, that allows you to keep the stock spare placement.

I'm not wheeling her just looking to replace my trashed stock bumper and match my ARB front, not the biggest fan of adding all that extra length to a daily driver with the spare on the back.....

Thank you!

Last edited:
most aftermarket bumper/protection has a swingout for rear tire. Relocating the spare is #1 reasons for aftermarket bumpers, #2 protection etc. It would be silly to go thru all the trouble and keep the spare tire location IMO.

Pretty sure the only bumpers that won't allow for stock spare placement would be ones that have integrated hitches, and I believe all the ones that have that, have it as an option anyway.

most aftermarket bumper/protection has a swingout for rear tire. Relocating the spare is #1 reasons for aftermarket bumpers, #2 protection etc. It would be silly to go thru all the trouble and keep the spare tire location IMO.

I know that but as I said I don’t want to add the extra length to the truck for what is going to be a daily driver. Plus to be honest I don’t think it looks very good with the spare on the back it looks messy especially some of them where it doesn’t sit flush, just my personal opinion….

Pretty sure the only bumpers that won't allow for stock spare placement would be ones that have integrated hitches, and I believe all the ones that have that, have it as an option anyway.

Thanks for chiming in! Do you mean to say that none of them would allow for the spare because all of them have integrated hitches?

Thanks for chiming in! Do you mean to say that none of them would allow for the spare because all of them have integrated hitches?
No, not at all. I am saying all of them should allow it, UNLESS you choose the integrated hitch option. Probably a better question for each vendor though, as they are going to be the only ones who know for sure.

NWTI has a rear bumper that doesn't have the swing out if you can weld or know a welder.

For future reference to anyone who would be interested in this in the future, the 4x4 Labs doesn't allow for stock placement of the spare but the NWTI does.....I spoke with both of them.

I know that but as I said I don’t want to add the extra length to the truck for what is going to be a daily driver. Plus to be honest I don’t think it looks very good with the spare on the back it looks messy especially some of them where it doesn’t sit flush, just my personal opinion….
Is the reason you don't want to add length because it won't fit in your garage or other parking issues? I can't think of any other reason why extra length would concern you. While the stock spare placement seems to be best for a few reasons, it ends up being awkward and a pain to deal with, unless you've got coveralls to keep you clean when you need it for a flat. It collects a whole lot of dirt and grit in that location. That's what I call "messy"...lol. And it's worse if you're off road and need it. Anyway, a swingout mounted spare takes some getting used to for accessing the rear quarters, but IMHO - it's worth it. Especially when you need it.

Is the reason you don't want to add length because it won't fit in your garage or other parking issues? I can't think of any other reason why extra length would concern you. While the stock spare placement seems to be best for a few reasons, it ends up being awkward and a pain to deal with, unless you've got coveralls to keep you clean when you need it for a flat. It collects a whole lot of dirt and grit in that location. That's what I call "messy"...lol. And it's worse if you're off road and need it. Anyway, a swingout mounted spare takes some getting used to for accessing the rear quarters, but IMHO - it's worth it. Especially when you need it.

Yes specifically that, I would rather keep it in the truck and lose some cargo room rather than throw it on the back.....

I have my fabricator intergrade a tow hitch into my rear bumper so i can drop the factory ones to gain ground clearance. I would strongly suggest integrate a tow hitch if you can swing it because it strengthen the rear bumper rigidity, and two, you can gain ground clearance and shave off additional weight as well.
Yes specifically that, I would rather keep it in the truck and lose some cargo room rather than throw it on the back.....
i think LandcruiserPhil on MUD puts his spare in the trunk, so check out his rig if you like to go that route. The stock location is no good for wheeling and only fits up to 35s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom