SOLD CA Spec FJ40 1977: VCV's & VTV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

corcel

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello - looking to find two Vacuum Check Valve's (part # 90925-03033) and the Red top/black body VTV (part# 90925-01006) (below)
These are for a CA spec 77.

Also - if there are any aftermarket recommendations I'd be curious too. Or if anyone knows if I can use the blue top VTV that has a different volume (cc/min) than the red?

vcv.png

vcvpartrs.png

revtv.png

i do have a brand new red one but im gunna hold onto it until the emissions guy says "unneeded" .. im preparing for all possibilities. let me see where i got it from...it wasnt extremely expensive

Definitely understand that! Where you got it from would be awesome!

I have a 80 CA spec that we de smog years ago. I sold most that stuff and moved a couple times since but I’ll try and keep an eye out in the garage. Picture is what I found in a couple bins

8783CB82-0D07-4C6A-85E3-0C064621CCD9.jpeg

This is my collection of emissions Equipement valves etc .. I think there’s an old red one that’s pictured also - I might get rid of this one … I’d have to think about it to be honest. I’m tackling a huge emissions project and basically collecting everything I can. So it’s hard to part with any until I’m done snd then I’m sure I’ll have plenty to offer. I basically have 2 of a lot of things…because I’ve been collecting from the classified for the past year being patient.

@ToyotaMatt got me the red valve

8D969DF5-22F1-4715-93C2-180B470C573C.jpeg

ADF8F57D-6175-4AFE-B0E6-E71DDAC66A51.jpeg

15E00586-D2BA-4D91-8100-8BF780D65DFD.jpeg

This is my collection of emissions Equipement valves etc .. I think there’s an old red one that’s pictured also - I might get rid of this one … I’d have to think about it to be honest. I’m tackling a huge emissions project and basically collecting everything I can. So it’s hard to part with any until I’m done snd then I’m sure I’ll have plenty to offer. I basically have 2 of a lot of things…because I’ve been collecting from the classified for the past year being patient.

@ToyotaMatt got me the red valve

8D969DF5-22F1-4715-93C2-180B470C573C.jpeg

ADF8F57D-6175-4AFE-B0E6-E71DDAC66A51.jpeg

15E00586-D2BA-4D91-8100-8BF780D65DFD.jpeg
The little one is red (the one you circled), the other one in plastic is classified as brown by Toyota but looks red which I believe is for ‘78 (or another year but for sure not for ‘77 Cal). The brown one is bigger in volume (400 vs 25 cc/min ) If I’m not mistaken the brown one can still be obtained new but the red is harder to find.

hmm got a ... i do have that document showing colors and volumn outputs etc...i could have sworn they were the same i think the picture doesnt show the color very well....or im just wrong and what your saying is correct...

hmm got a ... i do have that document showing colors and volumn outputs etc...i could have sworn they were the same i think the picture doesnt show the color very well....or im just wrong and what your saying is correct...
it is brown like you say - im gunna ask the gy i got it from... because i asked for red and thats what i got. maybe a miscommunication ....

Here is a closer look at my 77 portion of my emissions equipment….with VTV that came with it originally and then the one i ordered…

3F9CECC8-B59D-4D5D-B764-BB6E09A67A4E.jpeg

EAFFE5FF-B909-4337-B1C7-53D90C43AA34.jpeg

C3B29BBE-A449-4E5C-81A8-C6602D4AC878.jpeg

For some reason I think this is a “red” one even though it totally is brown from the eyes..this chart in my emissions manual shows 2 different like you say and they are big time different as far as flow so I do need to figure that out. Although this system was just torn out and then sent to me so that one that’s already attached to system must be correct and it looks the same…

Also a pic of the overall system verifying that the VTV in my system must be “red” as it’s clearly pictured here and mine is the same…

Let’s find a pic of the “red” one….

28B635D7-1AF7-4734-A2C0-558E1B2619C8.jpeg

1F2C9D15-A402-4FDD-9799-F402EBFFDC0A.jpeg

For some reason I think this is a “red” one even though it totally is brown from the eyes..this chart in my emissions manual shows 2 different like you say and they are big time different as far as flow so I do need to figure that out. Although this system was just torn out and then sent to me so that one that’s already attached to system must be correct and it looks the same…

Also a pic of the overall system verifying that the VTV in my system must be “red” as it’s clearly pictured here and mine is the same…

Let’s find a pic of the “red” one….

View attachment 2812776

View attachment 2812777
Yes the red/black one is the “red” for sure, I can read the part number in your picture and it matches part number in Toyota’s chart. I cannot read the other one though. I guess the brown and red could look very similar but have different flow restrictions, someone here must know.

The numbers say 010(14) for the newer one I have and then yes they are different the other one says 010(06)
s*** - well that’s a return lol - maybe … let me reach out to the guy bec I never needed a brown so I wouldn’t ask for it so I don’t see how there was a miscommunication. The brown one is for later years right?

The one you have is this:

And from Toyota:

It says it’s for ‘79. But now I’m unsure if it’s the same as brown. Might be just another one from later years (79,80).

The one you have is this:

And from Toyota:

It says it’s for ‘79. But now I’m unsure if it’s the same as brown. Might be just another one from later years (79,80).

ya i just texted my guy and im gunna see what he says because for sure....thats not what i need...ugh..well at least i have one! lol hopeflly it still works right

so i wonder where this one falls on the chart...probably brown!?
Not red 🤪. the chart also has a B color and body color which are both black for red. so the red has to have a black body and black back. So does brown on that chart. So I’m not sure where this one fits on the chart, but for sure it’s for an fj40 per Toyota website. Probably a ‘79 emission manual would state it, I only have a ‘77 and I think you have a ‘78?

Not red 🤪. the chart also has a B color and body color which are both black for red. so the red has to have a black body and black back. So does brown on that chart. So I’m not sure where this one fits on the chart, but for sure it’s for an fj40 per Toyota website. Probably a ‘79 emission manual would state it, I only have a ‘77 and I think you have a ‘78?

i have both... 77 and 78 emissions manuals...
its obviously for a '79 and later per website and other information found...but i dont see it on the chart, but that chart is out of the 77 manual

bump - still looking for the red top, black bottom VTV and two VCV's! Or if anyone has recommendations for alternatives? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom