Starter Rebuild - Replacement O rings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm rebuilding my Denso 2.0kw starter and the O rings that go between the endcap and the motor body as well as the motor body and the gearbox are both cracked and broken. I cannot find anywhere the part #s for these. Does anyone know the part # or size so I can replace them?

Thanks!
Bob

Sounds like a replacement rather than a rebuild.
I tried this once...snapped two of the 3 long bolts that hold the whole thing together.
Naturally I did what any budgeted 80 owner would do and put the starter back in, fully expecting it to disembowel itself on the next crank.
That was 2 years ago and I'm still waiting...:meh:
The replacement I bought...still in the trail spares drawer.

I'm rebuilding my Denso 2.0kw starter and the O rings that go between the endcap and the motor body as well as the motor body and the gearbox are both cracked and broken. I cannot find anywhere the part #s for these. Does anyone know the part # or size so I can replace them?

Thanks!
Bob

Part # 90099-14064

Beat me to it.

181EC503-2621-405A-9175-22F1A17130C6.png

While it's apart (if you haven't already) you could clean and regrease the OSGR section (gears/bearings/pinion shaft) along with the bearings for the armature (or replace) and the roller bearings/internal pinion gear (28252, 28228 above). For the armature bearings I use Mobil PolyRex EM, for everything else any grease with Molybdenum (DC Molykote G-4700 is one example but hard to find). FWIW.

Thanks Guys! This was all I was looking for and more. Got some ordered.

I used Molykote in re-packing the gear case and ordered new Koyo bearings for the armature, which honestly was the biggest PITA to get honest to god Koyos.

IME most bearings used in small Toyota electric motors (wiper, starter, window lift, locker) use NSK bearings. New bearings are often still available from your Toyota Parts Professional, if not then try Motion Industries, either a local store or online. FWIW.

Tragically my local dealer is useless. When I pulled the starter down there were Koyos in it so that's what I replaced them with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom