A little help with availability BJ42 24V glow plugs canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am in the process of rewiring the BJ after PO butchered the entire wiring harness. I have also noticed that he was running a Wilson switch but on a 12 v source to the plugs. I want to go 24V glow plugs and a beefier relay. Relay i have glow plugs I tried sourcing with numbers I found on this forum. Does anyone have current part numbers and where I can source in Canada Atlantic region if possible.

Thank you

Lots to unpack here... What year truck? Did it have super glow? Running 12v is bad juju so good that you're replacing. If you have the stock relay(s) you can use those with your Wilson switch as they are very robust. I ask all these questions because it will affect the plugs you need

Lots to unpack here... What year truck? Did it have super glow? Running 12v is bad juju so good that you're replacing. If you have the stock relay(s) you can use those with your Wilson switch as they are very robust. I ask all these questions because it will affect the plugs you need

Its a 1981 Its a 24v setup but the PO had it wired to Ford style relay. The source was from a single 12v battery to the glow plugs activated by a push button. I am rebuilding all of the wiring and want to run this off a 24 v source. On another post I received some part numbers for 24v Glow plugs but cannot source them locally.

I'm assuming you are looking at 21.5v rated plugs? It's been a while, but I think that's the rated voltage you want for a 24v rig with a Wilson switch.

I had to order mine from England from gsparkplug.com. No idea if they still have them, but they do ship internationally.

On my bj42 , i use 23v plugs from 4wheelauto in Alberta for my Wilson setup
Will find the part # if you need
Jim what a great outfit 4 Wheel Auto, talked to Dan was nice to get the parts I needed and then some. Got my order out the door in an hour of when I called. Super nice to deal with

Thanks

Grey

Hi, I am in the process of rewiring the BJ after PO butchered the entire wiring harness. I have also noticed that he was running a Wilson switch but on a 12 v source to the plugs. I want to go 24V glow plugs and a beefier relay. Relay i have glow plugs I tried sourcing with numbers I found on this forum. Does anyone have current part numbers and where I can source in Canada Atlantic region if possible.

Thank you
I'm considering finding new/used wiring harnesses for my 82 BJ44, 24V.. Any ideas on where to obtain a new or used one? Under hood/headlights and dashboard are main priority.. I'm OK with buying one used, regardless of shorts: I'd take the time to make a new one using the old as a pattern, re-=using all the connectors... While it'd be fantastic to find OEM spools to make it look OEM, I'd sacrifice a tad bit of original to have brand new wiring.. Wondering how/if you found new harnesses for yours..

I'm considering finding new/used wiring harnesses for my 82 BJ44, 24V.. Any ideas on where to obtain a new or used one? Under hood/headlights and dashboard are main priority.. I'm OK with buying one used, regardless of shorts: I'd take the time to make a new one using the old as a pattern, re-=using all the connectors... While it'd be fantastic to find OEM spools to make it look OEM, I'd sacrifice a tad bit of original to have brand new wiring.. Wondering how/if you found new harnesses for yours..
Hi. I am in the same boat as well. At present I have not found any OEM or third party harness. After tearing into the mess the PO had left, it is apparent that these Landcruiser's benefit from top notch wiring and connectors. If not for the butchery the PO has made, the harness is in great shape.

I am rewiring my headlights, turn signal flasher, Emergency flasher, running lights, back up and brake with1 or 2 aux circuits for additional lights. I would happy to share ..

Is yours an '82..? Mines a BJ44, a bit longer than the 40 and 42's, but my "back" wires are fine, I'm guessing majority of issues are under hood and dashboard.. If yours is an 82 24V diesel, a few photos would be extremely helpful.. I don't know how to email here, shoot me one and I'll share some other info...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom