H55 source- Any Mud members sell these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DrRock

SILVER Star
Threads
As the title implies, I’m considering an H55 for my 1985 FJ60 and would like to purchase from a mud member/vendor if possible. Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase? Also, from my limited research, looks like this transmission will bolt right in, is this correct?

thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers, James

depends on what you are looking for....bare bones price- go work the dealers. I am not that mechanical and wanted the conversion to go smoothly so I paid George at Valley Cruisers to mount an H55 to a rebuilt transfer case and ship it to me in one piece. Took the old stuff out and sold it. I was not left wondering if something was not done right. There are other great vendors on here that sell them as well and can offer expertise. Good luck.

Check out Cruiser outfitters also. Kurt also an instrumental part of the mud community
@orangefj45 Georg is with Valley Hybrids in Stockton. Vendor, wiseman and transmission
transfercase guru. He listed in vendors section. Offers Mud members pricing. Will answer
questions as you go.

I'd say either one of these vendors will help you. Toyota can get it done but they won't really help you with the details of the swap. I think the units sold by the vendors above are pretty turn key setups. If you are not wanting to deal with the details of the swap yourself, the guys above can help you out.

Support our great vendors!!!

As the title implies, I’m considering an H55 for my 1985 FJ60 and would like to purchase from a mud member/vendor if possible. Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase? Also, from my limited research, looks like this transmission will bolt right in, is this correct?

thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers, James

5/85 and LATER will bolt right in.

I have seen a 4/85 that had the later style trans/t'case set up, so it's a transition month.

I don't know if this is something @Onur still sells, in Upstate NY.

5/85 and LATER will bolt right in.

I have seen a 4/85 that had the later style trans/t'case set up, so it's a transition month.

I don't know if this is something @Onur still sells, in Upstate NY.

I no longer sell parts to the general public and concentrate on larger builds/restorations/research projects.

The sources mentioned here are great supporters of the LC community.

Recommend buying from them.

grabbed mine from @cruiseroutfit Cldnt be happier with the Service...and ZERO State taxes was a huge savings!!!

Bought a complete new h55f and rebuilt split case from Georg. 40k later, it’s going strong.

I’ll do the same for my 62, he’s the best.

Hello All, thanks for the great information and recommendations. I’ve purchased my full OME suspension from @cruiseroutfit and couldn’t be happier with their product and outstanding customer service. I did not know they sold OEM products too like transmissions. My truck has a build month of 7/1985 so hopefully that means bolt in as others have indicated.

Cheers, James

Hello All, thanks for the great information and recommendations. I’ve purchased my full OME suspension from @cruiseroutfit and couldn’t be happier with their product and outstanding customer service. I did not know they sold OEM products too like transmissions. My truck has a build month of 7/1985 so hopefully that means bolt in as others have indicated.

Cheers, James
You're good to go with the direct swap.

Depending on your budget, you might want to upgrade to an FJ62 split transfer case, and have it converted to manual front drive engagement. The FJ62 split transfer case has bearing supported front and rear output shafts, earlier transfer cases use bushings. That's how my '86 FJ60 is set up - the low mileage FJ62 donor vehicle I already owned made that choice a lot easier for me. You might want to ask Georg about a package, similar to @John Staton.

I had an 38mm case in my truck since it’s a late 87.

I got back a rebuilt 34mm case from Georg and kept my core for later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom