Front Seat Road Trip Shelf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Periodically, I take a solo road trip in the LC. I’m always wanting more space to rest items (specifically my iPad, wallet, keys, food) other than on the front seat, which is annoying. So, today I built the Front Seat Shelf. Super easy to install and remove.

DA3F1A15-70D1-47A6-8862-13CDD9C411AF.jpeg

9F476D4F-7D69-483E-8C4F-3DE0461F9BBD.jpeg

Great idea!

Takes away my dedicated road atlas storage spot (wedged between the console and passenger seat) but more than makes up for it.

Did you use cardboard or similar to come up with the shape?

Last edited:
Great idea!

Takes way my dedicated road atlas storage spot (wedged between the console and passenger seat) but more than makes up for it.

Did you use cardboard or similar to come up with the shape?
Thanks! Yes, I cut out cardboard templates and then pieced them together as one. Traced it out on 1/2 inch plywood and got after it!

Last edited:
Cool idea, I like it! I have a long solo trip planned in January, could really use this. Wonder if there's any way to sketch out the shape? I have some scrap plywood and all the tools.

Cool idea, I like it! I have a long solo trip planned in January, could really use this. Wonder if there's any way to sketch out the shape? I have some scrap plywood and all the tools.
Will send some pics of the template and dimensions tomorrow evening.

Will send some pics of the template and dimensions tomorrow evening.
Thank you, that would be great! We have identical interiors, so should be a perfect fit.

Now you just need the improved larger cup holders from etsy :) Cant take a proper solo roadtrip and hydrate properly with the stock tiny cupholders ;)

Thank you, that would be great! We have identical interiors, so should be a perfect fit.
As requested, here are the rough dimensions. The shape is fundamentally rectangular (red box). It just looks like it's angled because of the parallax of the photo. Definitely a good idea to start with a cardboard template. The actual size will depend on how you have the seat adjusted. Good luck!

Shelf.jpg

As requested, here are the rough dimensions. The shape is fundamentally rectangular (red box). It just looks like it's angled because of the parallax of the photo. Definitely a good idea to start with a cardboard template. The actual size will depend on how you have the seat adjusted. Good luck!

View attachment 2810119
Good stuff.. thanks for posting.

View attachment 2810119
Yes thanks so much, I'm definitely gonna give this a go. Will probably add some dividers to keep stuff organized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom