Fifteen52 Analog Wheels/FJCo Wheels on FJ62 ... Wheel Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here run the Fifteen52 17" Analogs on their FJ62? I am looking at their 17" wheel but am not sure if I will need to run spacers when I mount them... Also does anyone have the measurement of this inside width? (See Picture Below). I am going to fabricate something to mount OEM 40 hubcaps to these wheels but need this measurement to start the fab work to see if a hubcap will even fit. Thanks!

FLCO Wheels Discussion on page 2
IMG_3661 2.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve never seen that wheel before and never on a 62. Safest bet if your heart is set on it is buy one and see if it fits.

@wngrog has them on his 60 (old blue) albeit in 16in diameter. I can't remember if he's running spacers though

Reactions: OSS
Dean wheels makes something similar (Cross Country) but with caps like you're looking for.

Here's a previous thread: Dean Wheels - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dean-wheels.1259369/

I chased these down last year. Ended up talking with the main distributor in NY. They can definitely be ordered but they will be pricey - quoted +/- 400 - 450 per wheel. Personally think the price is ok compared to the Fifteen52's if you calculate adding the tabs and caps to their set.

FJ company offers the same but only in one size, 16x6, but a better price at $365 per wheel. Theoretically, you could then have the FJ Co wheels widened (blackbox.com or stocktonwheel.com) for a reasonable price but a) you're close to the cost of a Dean wheel and b) not sure if I want a modified rim on my rig regardless of how it's welded.

Shane

I really like those wheels, but at 4.75" backspacing, the fitment is poor for a 60 series. You'd likely have to run a spacer of 1" or more.

Yesterday I test fit a set of 17x7 steelies on my 62, and while they cleared the caliper with ease, they hit the relay rod end long before full lock. Those wheel had 4.5" backspacing.

@wngrog has them on his 60 (old blue) albeit in 16in diameter. I can't remember if he's running spacers though
He told me that he runs 1" spacers in the rear because of his airbags but thought they might fit a stock 60 without them but he wasn't 100% sure. I didn't know if the 17" wheel would make any difference.
Dean wheels makes something similar (Cross Country) but with caps like you're looking for.

Here's a previous thread: Dean Wheels - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dean-wheels.1259369/

I chased these down last year. Ended up talking with the main distributor in NY. They can definitely be ordered but they will be pricey - quoted +/- 400 - 450 per wheel. Personally think the price is ok compared to the Fifteen52's if you calculate adding the tabs and caps to their set.

FJ company offers the same but only in one size, 16x6, but a better price at $365 per wheel. Theoretically, you could then have the FJ Co wheels widened (blackbox.com or stocktonwheel.com) for a reasonable price but a) you're close to the cost of a Dean wheel and b) not sure if I want a modified rim on my rig regardless of how it's welded.

Shane
Thats definitely an option. I also looked into the FJ CO wheels but shipping at a minimum from them is 300$ and so thats 1600$ out the door for only a 16" x 6" rim which isn't what I really want considering I am going to put on a 33" tire and want a tad more rim width. Theres a gentleman here (@under_psi ) that runs the 17" 1552 Analogs but I think he runs 1.25" spacers. I really didn't want to have to run spacers as I've heard bad things about doing so...

I really like those wheels, but at 4.75" backspacing, the fitment is poor for a 60 series. You'd likely have to run a spacer of 1" or more.

Yesterday I test fit a set of 17x7 steelies on my 62, and while they cleared the caliper with ease, they hit the relay rod end long before full lock. Those wheel had 4.5" backspacing.
Hmm this makes me think that an 8.5" width wheel would be even worse? I am not sure though...

Ok makes sense. 17s are half an inch more in offset at 4.75... maybe i will consider the 16s...
Offset is not the same thing as backspacing. Offset tells you how far the mating surface is from the centerline of the wheel. Backspacing is a function of both offset and wheel width.

According to the Analog site, all sizes of the Analog have zero offset (ET0), which means that the mating surface is in the dead center of the wheel. This is a lower offset than a stock 62 wheel (which I believe are ET15), which means that [EDIT mating surface center line] of the Analog wheel will sit inward a little more than the stock rim. This, combined with the extra inch+ of backspacing (which is the distance from the mounting surface to the inner rim lip) means that rim or tire rubbing is more likely. At very least the Analogs could narrow your stance by up 30mm (since you're losing 15mm of offset on each side), though the wider rim might more than make up for that.

That's my take on things, anyway. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Offset is not the same thing as backspacing. Offset tells you how far the mating surface is from the centerline of the wheel. Backspacing is a function of both offset and wheel width.

According to the Analog site, all sizes of the Analog have zero offset (ET0), which means that the mating surface is in the dead center of the wheel. This is a lower offset than a stock 62 wheel (which I believe are ET15), which means that mating surface of the Analog wheel will sit inward a little more than the stock rim. This, combined with the backspacing (which is the distance from the mounting surface to the inner rim lip) means that rim or tire rubbing is more likely. At very least the Analogs could narrow your stance by up 30mm (since you're losing 15mm of offset on each side), though the wider rim might more than make up for that.

That's my take on things, anyway. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
That makes sense to me, thanks for the explanation. I was hoping for 17s but if I want to run caps/avoid spacers the 16s sound like a better option... Ill find out of anyone has ran these with 33s and if they have had rubbing issues (with 285/75/16). Actually I think thats what @wngrog ran with them if I recall correctly.

Also if anyone is considering trying to run 40 caps too on these I don't think it is possible due to the fact that the rim is considerably thicker in thickness in the center (where the wheel slides over the hub) than an OEM steely. Due to that fact its a possibility that the 40 hub cap with hole for hub locker will stick out farther than the hub itself. In a few weeks I'm sure my local tire store will have a few of these in stock and I can take measurements and see...

Makes me really wish that the FJ Co Wheels were wider than a mere 6"... I sent them an email, maybe they will make a 7" width rim for a run or two in the future :)

Last edited:
FJCo wheels are made by Braid. Although for some reason they do not mention this. Braid wheels are high quality and for any of their wheels you can choose size, width, backspacing, center bore diameter, bolt pattern and color. You can even add two different beadlock options. I wonder why FJCo isn't utilizing this and I also wonder what type of agreement they have with the design.

FJCo wheels are made by Braid. Although for some reason they do not mention this. Braid wheels are high quality and for any of their wheels you can choose size, width, backspacing, center bore diameter, bolt pattern and color. You can even add two different beadlock options. I wonder why FJCo isn't utilizing this and I also wonder what type of agreement they have with the design.
I contacted Braid USA a few weeks ago regarding this exact thing because I wanted the FJ Co wheel in a 7" or wider width to fit a 33. They told me that to make the FJ Co wheel in a 7" width it would cost me 3,000$ a wheel. I couldn't believe it. 3,000$! :oops: That said I am not sure if FJ Co has a contact overseas with Braids division over there and they make the FJ Co wheel at a lower cost? I am not sure but I will let everyone know here what the response is from the CEO of FJ Co if he would ever order that wheel in a 7" for everyone that wants to run a bigger tire...

I know Braid has certain sizes over on the Teamilluminata website that are cheaper. I am thinking it is because they are ordered in bulk. I bet if there is enough interest in the wider version we might get lucky. @The FJ Company what do we need to do to get some 7'' wide wheels??

On a side note I know Braid also specializes in getting small wheels to clear big brakes. I wonder if these clear 06 tundra calipers?

I know Braid has certain sizes over on the Teamilluminata website that are cheaper. I am thinking it is because they are ordered in bulk. I bet if there is enough interest in the wider version we might get lucky. @The FJ Company what do we need to do to get some 7'' wide wheels??

On a side note I know Braid also specializes in getting small wheels to clear big brakes. I wonder if these clear 06 tundra calipers?
Not sure about those brakes...

According to BFG the standard 285/75/16 needs a 7.5-8 rim so we shall see if they will make it wider, im sure many people would buy... If they do, ordering one big order to WA would be good for shipping. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, we will see haha.

Not so sure that 7'' is the number. It was mentioned because it would work. Anywhere between 7 and 8 would be fine in my opinion. A 6 inch wide wheel is even skinny for the 255/85.

Not so sure that 7'' is the number. It was mentioned because it would work. Anywhere between 7 and 8 would be fine in my opinion. A 6 inch wide wheel is even skinny for the 255/85.

It’s perfect for a 255.

Of course I’ve run 12.50s on stock 5.5s …..

Perfect.. ok. But for anyone wanting to get a wider tire they are not. And just because its been done doesn't mean its perfect. It means its all one had. Are tire manufactures retarded? Or is there a reason that they have a wheel width range for every size tire?

Why in the world are you so hung up on a 7” wheel?
Well anything wider than a 6". I am just hoping for something that will wear even, i've heard that the issue with narrow rims and wide tires is more wear in the center and not the best for safety wise, more float at speed and I want to be within relative factory spec. Though I won't be cornering on railroad tracks at highway speeds as someone here once put it. Just want the right rim for the right job... For the amount of people here that run 33s on stuff it baffles me that nobody makes a wider 40 style wheel for the LCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom