Need help with engine parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm rebuilding my engine on the 1958 abs I am searching for a few parts. Does anyone know of oem parts available or aftermarket substitutes.

Standard size piston rings.

Oil pump.

Valve springs.

Do you have 10 digit part numbers of these? I can try the forklift parts supplier.
I found nos valve springs today.

Oil pump
15100-60010
Piston rings
13012-60010 or 13011-60011

Thank you for the help

Oil pump number is unknown. The piston rings are known but no stock. I requested the availability. Not much hope but worth a try.

I appreciate your effort. I found out that a later model oil pump will work so I can do that method. Still working on figuring out the rings.

zuigerveren.png

Our forklift parts supplier can supply this set. Aftermarket springs. € 122,10. + shipping to the US of course. It takes 15-17 weeks they say.

95 mm is the approximate size. for reference only.

View attachment 2810238

Our forklift parts supplier can supply this set. Aftermarket springs. € 122,10. + shipping to the US of course. It takes 15-17 weeks they say.

95 mm is the approximate size. for reference only.
Thanks for the info. I might have found a set. I can get them faster so if they don’t work I will let you know

Does anyone know what that thing is in the center of the bottom right oil ring in the above pic? I’ve got one in my 13012-60010 OEM STD rings and I have no clue what it’s for.

Also, I need to look closer with a magnifying glass but I don’t see any writing on these OEM rings. So which way is up? @Indygbd i think you picked up some of these rings from the Aussie eBay guy. Any ideas?

Does anyone know what that thing is in the center of the bottom right oil ring in the above pic? I’ve got one in my 13012-60010 OEM STD rings and I have no clue what it’s for.

Also, I need to look closer with a magnifying glass but I don’t see any writing on these OEM rings. So which way is up? @Indygbd i think you picked up some of these rings from the Aussie eBay guy. Any ideas?
Beats me. Are those oem? My rings did not come with that.

There in an OEM box, so assuming they’re OEM.

I think that ring functions to scrape oil from the bore. The lower ring generally has less to do with compression and more with oiling.

If there are no markings, bevels, etc then they should be able to be fitted either way around. Just be 100% sure there is no difference, else you will burn oil.

Hi that is an expander for oil ring goes in underneath ring.

Here’s what I got (13011-60010 not 13012).
IMG_4143.JPG

So somehow that expander ring fits underneath the 1st oil ring. Not exactly round, I guess it gets forced round. And alignment, are the gaps aligned between it and the oil ring? Never seen anything like this, which isn’t saying much.
IMG_4147.JPG

And with closer inspection they have the marks (not sure about expander ring, maybe doesn‘t matter?)
IMG_4146.jpg

Only thing I can find so far wrt this type of expander ring used with single piece oil rings. FWIW. Being OEM surprised there’s nothing in the manuals about these, that I can find 🤷‍♂️.

I haven’t found any other tech on mud wrt this topic so I guess I’m hammering this thread 😂.

According to numerous other sites dealing with engine rebuilds the slope on the wiper ring (aka 2nd compression ring) should face the oil pan so excess oil goes that way, versus toward the combustion chamber. But in Toyota’s F-Engine Repair Manual it shows the slope facing up, towards the combustion chamber. ???
D57897FC-EA84-49DA-BD65-4D81593152BD.jpeg

Is there an engine build tech forum on mud? Specifically for the F motor?

Hi that is an expander for oil ring goes in underneath ring.
Do you have any source material that refers to this? I can’t find anything (so far). Thanks.

Still digging 😂

Found this on eBay for 13011-60011 Piston Rings Set 90mm STD fits for TOYOTA F 3878cc TRUCK FA80,80D,90,90D,95,100 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/154806295244. The expander shown in this listing is a coil spring type.
8DB125DD-D274-4B87-853F-A6B67AFD0E28.jpeg

I’ve seen a few other non-toyota/cruiser listings for other vehicles that show a coil spring expander for a one piece oil ring (e.g. Power Piston Rings - https://www.sswesco.com/products/power-piston-rings/). There’s this vid that shows a Hasting’s tech installing a one piece oil ring with coil expander, only thing I’ve seen wrt installation of a one piece oil ring and expander .

Last edited:
I forgot about the 0.020 pistons/rings I got from Shane @royal cake so I pulled them out of the box and pulled the rings. The oil rings are one piece units and the 1st oil ring has the expander shown earlier with the OEM STD rings. These are off a rebuilt ‘69 1F so that’s that. The expander just sits underneath the ring as mentioned above, nothing special or tricky. But those one piece oil rings are delicate. I have two less now upon attempting removal 😞 but the exercise is giving me some good hands-on training so I don’t screw up my new ones. Hopefully.

I guess I’m done hammering @Indygbd ’s want ad with answering my own questions. He’s probably still looking for stuff (rings) 😂.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom