For Sale FJ55 Cargo Area Vent Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awfully easy to mirror these one I have one designed, so I'm not worried about the Left- or Right-handedness. Looking at the pics above, I see a couple tricky issues we'll face. 1) They're big parts, and 3D printing in the wonder HP material might be upwards of $30-$40 (wild guess). If folks want them plated that'll add some cost too and I'll probably need to get together a minimum order to make it cost effective. And 2) the mounting posts in the back will need solving - either threading in a post or pressing in a PEM-style post. Either way we can figure it out.

This is all cart before the horse. @WarDamnEagle I can also just pull mine off and get it scanned, probably much easier than coordinating a shipment from Saudi Arabia! I appreciate that, but please hold on to yours and I'll dig in on my own.

Calvin

Awfully easy to mirror these one I have one designed, so I'm not worried about the Left- or Right-handedness. Looking at the pics above, I see a couple tricky issues we'll face. 1) They're big parts, and 3D printing in the wonder HP material might be upwards of $30-$40 (wild guess). If folks want them plated that'll add some cost too and I'll probably need to get together a minimum order to make it cost effective. And 2) the mounting posts in the back will need solving - either threading in a post or pressing in a PEM-style post. Either way we can figure it out.

This is all cart before the horse. @WarDamnEagle I can also just pull mine off and get it scanned, probably much easier than coordinating a shipment from Saudi Arabia! I appreciate that, but please hold on to yours and I'll dig in on my own.

Calvin
Your choice but it's not that difficult for me to get these to you. It might just take a few weeks; depends on the schedule of my team which I don't have in front of me.

These arrived tonight! Will test fit ASAP. They look great.

View attachment 2800452

View attachment 2800453

View attachment 2800454
Those do look great!
I still have my originals that came on my 74, and I have a set that Ige @nuclearlemon reproduced a few years back. The issue was those are white plastic, so you had to paint.
My other issue is that the repro interior panels (@1500Ram? or @Ram1500?) are not set up perfectly for these interior cargo vent grill covers.
Nice work Calvin!

Calvin
^^^ All the above Calvin! I think the R and L are just mirrors of each other.
I too was wondering about the plastic studs.
And then I was wondering about the "chrome" plating over plastic.
I have a set that are complete, except the plating is failing/peeling. These are a spare set that I kept in case I could solve the plating problem. Would you like me to ship these to you so you don't have to take yours off? And so @WarDamnEagle would not have to try to arrange shipping while he is overseas.
LMK!

All right, these are good to go. I'll send a PM to each of you that's expressed interest to exchange details. Thanks again, everyone.

@mtnpig and @WarDamnEagle , I can reproduce those! Too tricky to just eyeball with calipers - fortunately I just re-established my connection with a high-resolution scanner. Scanning then reverse engineering is how I re-created the handle internals and it worked out great.

Do either of you have a spare you can loan me? In all honesty, I'll probably have it for 4-6 weeks based on other work/life commitments. Let me know if you're game.
I have a set I can send if needed. If I remember right most of the studs snapped during removal. I have a second set attached to parts rig as well I could try to get off. PM shipping info if you still need them.

^^^ All the above Calvin! I think the R and L are just mirrors of each other.
I too was wondering about the plastic studs.
And then I was wondering about the "chrome" plating over plastic.
I have a set that are complete, except the plating is failing/peeling. These are a spare set that I kept in case I could solve the plating problem. Would you like me to ship these to you so you don't have to take yours off? And so @WarDamnEagle would not have to try to arrange shipping while he is overseas.
LMK!
@PabloCruise (TJ), I'll take you up on your offer. No need to send both unless you spot a difference between left and right. PM me if you need my mailing address again. Thanks!

The first wave of these vents went out yesterday. Everyone who's PM'd me should see them within a week - they shipped USPS first class. If you don't see them let me know and I'll share tracking info.

There are still plenty left - probably 30?

Calvin

The first wave of these vents went out yesterday. Everyone who's PM'd me should see them within a week - they shipped USPS first class. If you don't see them let me know and I'll share tracking info.

There are still plenty left - probably 30?

Calvin
Thank you again for doing this Calvin - mine received and look great!

0C262626-FA17-4A24-A998-59BE04A025AC.jpeg

@PabloCruise (TJ), I'll take you up on your offer. No need to send both unless you spot a difference between left and right. PM me if you need my mailing address again. Thanks!
Heading out to the garage in a few, I will look for these.

Ping! Did you find anything?
Shoot, I dropped the ball on you!

I drained the Pig fuel tank and need to swap in the non-leaky one and move Pig. I suspect these are on some shelves semi-blocked by Pig.

I will get out there...

I still have many of these remaining, if anyone is in need.

Calvin
I need a set, although I have a 69 my rear cargo panels are for newer with the vents so I’d love a couple to patch the vent holes. Not home for 3-4 days and can send order than.

@bobm , looking at my notes I sent you a couple previously. Glad to get more to you, just wanted to make sure you didn't miss-count your inventory. Lemme know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom