Motor mounts and brackets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will be converting my 1970 FJ40 back to a straight 6 F.5 from the Chevy 327 that's currently in it. I do not the original motor mounts, any tips on which company sells good mounts and brackets, both motor and frame? I've checked SOR but was wondering if any other company has a quality product that I could look into? Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Rock Auto has motor mounts for 60’s, not sure about 40’s.

I had to buy motor mounts recently on eBay, and that worked fine for me

@ToyotaMatt do you have anything?

For the used steel parts, Classic Cruisers, Cruiser Corps.

For the soft parts, use the updated style, post '76, up front. On the back, I used some SOR hockey pucks and Grade 5 1/2-20 Hillman bolts and drilled it for a cotter pin - it was close to the original M13 fine pitch in OD and thread root diameter.

I will be converting my 1970 FJ40 back to a straight 6 F.5 from the Chevy 327 that's currently in it. I do not the original motor mounts, any tips on which company sells good mounts and brackets, both motor and frame? I've checked SOR but was wondering if any other company has a quality product that I could look into? Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Rock Auto has motor mounts for 60’s, not sure about 40’s.

i have exactly only 2 NOS ones here .........

stand by for pics

comes with ALL new OEM install hardware too bolts nuts washers japan goodness !

Hey fellows and female owner operators too in fact !

Sorry I’m late busy Tuesday night here at the LAB

I have 2 Nos 12361-60022. Mounts

Both include all new oem
Mounting hardware of course ..

They have been sleeping in my outbuilding #3 fir long time

Perfect condition ,

Well cosmetically I can’t say …. 🤔

Mechanically perfecto ! :D

words of wisdom here :

CHINA KNOCK offs clone are rampant on ebay don't even think about getting your feelings hurt there doing something silly to save only :

DSCN9587 - Copy.JPG

AA9DE51F-102F-4B3E-8445-7A8D7417BD11.jpeg
29F90B42-3367-48C1-9BB1-A51BC3DAD37C.jpeg
00504537-A07B-458D-A632-9CC74BB7F2A3.jpeg
32AA2C8F-D4E2-452B-BBD9-6322CE70B18C.jpeg

stand by for pics

comes with ALL new OEM install hardware too bolts nuts washers j

stand by for pics

comes with ALL new OEM install hardware too bolts nuts washers japan goodness !
I'm not sure what NOS means? Is it new on shelf? I checked your website, which is very well made but was able to find mounts and brackets.

I'm not sure what NOS means? Is it new on shelf? I checked your website, which is very well made but was able to find mounts and brackets.

PM sent

thanks

Hello Mark, how much for all the parts needed to mount a F 1.5 in a 1970 FJ40?
You will probably need to phone him if you want a quick response.

IIRCC the issue with newer isolators in older rigs is the boss in the new isolator. the older frame mount didn't have a recess for the boss to go into.

IIRCC the issue with newer isolators in older rigs is the boss in the new isolator. the older frame mount didn't have a recess for the boss to go into.
A very good point Paul. Almost never gets discussed. Especially in the aftermarket, mfgrs often vary on the boss height. Some fit in the recess in the ears just fine; others need to be ground down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom