My first 100 series - 2004 LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time reader, first time poster. After 6 months of searching and "quitting" about 3 different times, I finally found what I think is a decent purchase. Now to sell my '99 TJ.

2004 LX470
2 Owner local
145,000 miles

Garage kept, but some rust underneath (Nothing compared to my '99 TJ). solid maintenance records. I think it's in fairly good shape for being a midwest vehicle. Curious what everyone's thoughts are though. Wife and kid love it (surprisingly).

18" Method Roosts w/ 275/70/18s ordered as well as a Prospeed Roof Rack. Does have the Mark Levinson amp issues. Debating on how to solve that (sent to united or convert to aftermarket). Need to finish baseline. Oil and filter new but need to do diffs, trans, etc.

I'm planning to wire wheel/grind out the rust spots and repaint/fluid film.

Had my first part break. Sat on the tailgate and the cable immediately snapped. Maybe I need to workout.

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Looks like a nice vehicle! I bought a 2002 last week, and I’m jealous of your transmission! I went to the local hi tech audio store today and they told me there is no way to replace my stereo because of the old nav system, not too thrilled about that

Congratulations on your first cruiser! Looks very nice overall. The rust seems to be just on the surface but I may be wrong.

Looks like a nice vehicle! I bought a 2002 last week, and I’m jealous of your transmission! I went to the local hi tech audio store today and they told me there is no way to replace my stereo because of the old nav system, not too thrilled about that

Thanks! I was glad I found a decent one with the 5 speed. I wanted a vvti motor but that was a nice to have, not a must.

I've been researching next steps on this. I have the amp out ready to ship for repair, but I've been looking at options. Seems the options are:

1. Fix amp - retain factory set up.
2. "tesla screen" - chinese android touchscreen unit that you can utilize factory amp/speakers, or run your own. I want to do this but the buggy android set up has me worried. Seem like a true "your mileage may vary" situation.
3. Follow this post to use PAC harness to allow for using your own amp (will require running wire from amp to speakers).

I'm starting to lean towards option 3, but need to read through that post a bit more.

Congratulations on your first cruiser! Looks very nice overall. The rust seems to be just on the surface but I may be wrong.

It is from what I can tell. Obviously can't be 100% sure. I knew I'd like having a 100, but I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do already. Amazing how well these things ride/drive even after 17 years

Brand new to this forum and LC's in general. Just purchased 2006 LC with 177k miles, pretty good price I think. It's what I wanted bottom line. Owned many 4Runners but always wanted a LC. Downloaded service history and oil was faithfully changed every 5,000 miles. Timing belt and brakes and other various things done in the last 5k miles. Runs great...but...want to replace the radio/nav and clean up and encapsulate the surface rust on the frame. PO installed a GROM V-Line unit to listen to podcasts but cannot figure out what else it might/might not do. Some other minor items but generally pretty happy with it.
IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

Oil and loosen/tighten every nut/bolt underneath before rust seizes the threads.

Brand new to this forum and LC's in general. Just purchased 2006 LC with 177k miles, pretty good price I think. It's what I wanted bottom line. Owned many 4Runners but always wanted a LC. Downloaded service history and oil was faithfully changed every 5,000 miles. Timing belt and brakes and other various things done in the last 5k miles. Runs great...but...want to replace the radio/nav and clean up and encapsulate the surface rust on the frame. PO installed a GROM V-Line unit to listen to podcasts but cannot figure out what else it might/might not do. Some other minor items but generally pretty happy with it. View attachment 2803757

View attachment 2803760
Nice rig! What color is that?

Looks like you got a nice example. What are the symptoms of the 'amp issue'? FWIW I had a good experience pulling all my old speakers and re-foaming with a kit from Simply Speakers. I found some new OEM tweeters online for $20-30 each and it sounds pretty darn good. Re-foams have held up for over a year now and I'm not gentle on them. My sub coil failed so I had to buy new OEM and that was not cheap but I'm glad I did it.

Looks like you got a nice example. What are the symptoms of the 'amp issue'? FWIW I had a good experience pulling all my old speakers and re-foaming with a kit from Simply Speakers. I found some new OEM tweeters online for $20-30 each and it sounds pretty darn good. Re-foams have held up for over a year now and I'm not gentle on them. My sub coil failed so I had to buy new OEM and that was not cheap but I'm glad I did it.

From what I've read on here, it's the ML amp causing the issue. Everything appears to work on the screen, but no sound whatsoever regardless of input chosen. I bit the bullet and ordered the tesla style unit, aftermarket amp and speakers yesterday. I didn't want to dump $400-$800 into the old system. We'll see how it goes! fingers crossed.

From what I've read on here, it's the ML amp causing the issue. Everything appears to work on the screen, but no sound whatsoever regardless of input chosen. I bit the bullet and ordered the tesla style unit, aftermarket amp and speakers yesterday. I didn't want to dump $400-$800 into the old system. We'll see how it goes! fingers crossed.
Nice I will be curious to get your take on how the new setup sounds/functions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom