2004 LC100 key programming - remote works but key can't turn on ignition (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, new LC100 owner here, car is a 2004. I only get 1 transponder key so I bought one with remote (see pic below) and had local key master shop cut it for me - he did mention to me that there are 2 chips in there: 1 for the remote, 1 for the ignition.

I searched on the forum and watched all the videos I can find, now the remote works after following this video (), but the key still won't turn on ignition, it can turn on the power (radio, etc.) but security light remains on all the time.

I just spent an hour doing further research but can't find any way that works, any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you.

Toyota Keys.jpg

Not sure hwo to edit the post, seems the youtube video link is not working, basically what I did to program the remote and it works:

Link to it:

LX’99 but hopefully helps. There are 2 separate pedal tap dances to mate the key with the truck … one for the remote unlocking (which sounds like you’ve cracked) and a different one for the immobilizer … don’t have the links on hand but do remember following a YT vid for the immobilizer mating dance and a I8M thread for the remote one. Has been stressed in multiple locations to keep a steady fastish rthym and make sure the pedal goes all the way to the floor …. and it takes a few attempts to get it right. An easier way seems to be via techstream which I can’t comment on. Good luck

LX’99 but hopefully helps. There are 2 separate pedal tap dances to mate the key with the truck … one for the remote unlocking (which sounds like you’ve cracked) and a different one for the immobilizer … don’t have the links on hand but do remember following a YT vid for the immobilizer mating dance and a I8M thread for the remote one. Has been stressed in multiple locations to keep a steady fastish rthym and make sure the pedal goes all the way to the floor …. and it takes a few attempts to get it right. An easier way seems to be via techstream which I can’t comment on. Good luck
Thanks for your reply, I do believe 2002-and 2003+ LC100 have different ways programming keys. I think the pedal tap dances you refered to are:

Transponder portion:
1. Insert master key in ignition
2. Press gas pedal 5 times
3. Press brake pedal 6 times
4. Remove key from ignition
5. Insert new key into ignition
6. Press gas pedal once
7. Wait for the security light to stop blinking (60 sec)

Remote portion:
1. Insert & remove key from ignition
2. Cycle locks 5 times
3. Close & open driver’s door
4. Cycle locks 5 times
5. Insert key into ignition
6. Turn the key to on (Do not start), to off (Locks cycle)
7. Hold lock & unlock buttons (1.5 sec)
8. Press & release the lock button (Locks cycle)

This does not work...Also tried below and does not work:

1. all doors closed
2. master key in and out of ignition 5 times, leave in on 5th time, no turning ever
3. open and close driver door 6 times, leave closed on 6th time
4. pull master key, get solid security light
5. insert new key, blinks for 60 seconds then goes out
6. pull key and open door to cancel mode
7. test new key

Only thing works so far is for the remote:

1. drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked.
2. Insert the key into the ignition, Pull key out. twice.
3. Close then open the drivers door. twice.
4. Insert the key into the ignition, Pull key out.
5. Close then open the drivers door. twice.
6. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.
7. Close the drivers door.
8. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. Remove the key from the ignition.
9. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode.
10. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote key fob clicker simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.
11. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming.
If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote key fob was not accepted. C. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote fob clickers.

Another version for s&g …

Program a New Key (2003+):

1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.
  2. Insert your existing master key into the ignition. Do Not Turn!
  3. Within 15 seconds depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times.
  4. Within 20 seconds open and close the “driver side” door 6 times and remove key.
  5. Within 10 seconds insert new key into ignition.
  6. Turn the ignition cylinder ON and leave on for two minutes.
  7. Turn ignition cylinder OFF and remove new key
  8. Open and close the “driver side” door 1 time.
  9. After 60 seconds new key is registered and Security light goes off.
  10. Depress and release brake pedal 1 time to terminate programming.
  11. Insert new key and observe security light goes out.
  12. Start you Land Cruiser to confirm operation

Hi all, new LC100 owner here, car is a 2004. I only get 1 transponder key so I bought one with remote (see pic below) and had local key master shop cut it for me - he did mention to me that there are 2 chips in there: 1 for the remote, 1 for the ignition.

I searched on the forum and watched all the videos I can find, now the remote works after following this video (), but the key still won't turn on ignition, it can turn on the power (radio, etc.) but security light remains on all the time.

I just spent an hour doing further research but can't find any way that works, any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you.

View attachment 2803807

It looks like you have a valet key, you will need a master or a immo reset to add keys if so.

Watch the security light as you insert your key into the ignition. If it goes out right away you have a master. If it stays lit for a second your key isa valet.

Another version for s&g …

4. Within 20 seconds open and close the “driver side” door 6 times and remove key.
Just sent my car in to fix the O2 sensor issues, will try this on Friday and report back, thank you Africaster!

It looks like you have a valet key, you will need a master or a immo reset to add keys if so.

Watch the security light as you insert your key into the ignition. If it goes out right away you have a master. If it stays lit for a second your key isa valet.
Thanks Mauser, will watch the security light next time...

Thanks Mauser, will watch the security light next time...
Just curious if you had any luck with the key programming.
I was lucky enough to pick up an 04 LC and an 04 gx and I programmed 2 keys for the gx 1,2,3 but I am not having any luck with the LC. $100 to program at the dealer

Just curious if you had any luck with the key programming.
I was lucky enough to pick up an 04 LC and an 04 gx and I programmed 2 keys for the gx 1,2,3 but I am not having any luck with the LC. $100 to program at the dealer
hi there!

Nope, the key I have is a valet key (thanks @Mauser for his instruction), therefore I can't program my key. I end up asked a indi shop prgoram a key for $100. If your dealer only charges $100, I think it's a good price!

Hi All,

First off I want to say this forum is awesome. It has helped me so many times. So thanks to all the problem solvers in here.

My question is about 2 new remotes I ordered from remotesremotes.com. I was able to get both of them to program for ignition but cant get the fob to work for remote locking/unlocking. My main question is, since I can start my cruiser with the new keys does that confirm I have remotes with the correct chip?

Here are some details for clarity and info for other 2003 LC owners

1. I have a 2003 LC
2. I currently have a master key, valet key, and the 2 new remotesremotes keys
3. This is what worked for me when programing the key (starting the lc)

3. I have tried every other key fob (remote lock/unlock) programming option I could find. I have searched old and new threads and youtube. I have tried each version at least 10 times with both of my new keys. These are the instructions from remotesremotes.com and I can get the locks to cycle at the end but get nothing when I hold lock and unlock for 1.5 seconds and then hold lock for 2 seconds. This process is the only thing I have been able to verify puts my LC in programming mode for the fob.

1. drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked.
2. Insert the key into the ignition, Pull key out. twice.
3. Close then open the drivers door. twice.
4. Insert the key into the ignition, Pull key out.
5. Close then open the drivers door. twice.
6. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.
7. Close the drivers door.
8. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. Remove the key from the ignition.
9. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode.
10. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote key fob clicker simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.
11. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming.
If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote key fob was not accepted. C. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote fob clickers.

Do I just suck at getting the timing right?

Also, for an FYI, another easy way to determine if a key is cut for master or valet is by the tip of the key(at least for my 2003 LC)
IMG_0591.jpg

Did you ever figure this out? I went through same process and it turns out my remote was the wrong frequency. I needed the 12BBT frequency chip. My vehicle is a 2005 LC. Hope it's helpful.

Hello. Anyone bought a key with remote and was able to program successfully for 2004 LC (2003+). I can open the doors and turn the ignition but it won’t start because programming keeps failing using techstream. Before buying another key I would like to be sure.

A888F830-9A12-4C40-978D-074E8BDF1768.jpeg

E750D98D-50C8-4EF7-BB12-D62C1AB5504E.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom