Why is my rear door lock reversed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I have been working on replacing a rear door lock (passenger side) for a while. I thought I was done but when I installed it in the door, that door now locks when I press unlock and unlocks when I press the lock button. All of the other doors are working properly (I didn’t replace the motors on any other door). Does anyone know where I went wrong? Thanks!

Fixed it. That was simple enough. Thanks.

Anybody else come here to learn why they have to turn their key the opposite direction to unlock the tailgate?

Anybody else come here to learn why they have to turn their key the opposite direction to unlock the tailgate?
Do you turn CCW to unlock and CW to lock?

I thought you turned your key toward the front vs back on the front doors. I didn't think it was a matter of CCW or CW. I hope this doesn't mess with my head enough to make me go check.

I thought you turned your key toward the front vs back on the front doors. I didn't think it was a matter of CCW or CW. I hope this doesn't mess with my head enough to make me go check.

"tailgate'

Yeah i get that. Just saying i don't think it is an issue of being opposite of the doors as i think each side is different. There was no way to make the rear lock match the fronts when it comes to CW or CCW.

Ccw to unlock the tail gate
Cw to unlock the drivers side door
Ccw to unlock on pass side door here.
But my drivers side door handle doesn’t match the rest as it’s chrome and the rest are painted and it’s not keyed to the ignition and the key only works the drivers side door.

Ccw to unlock the tail gate
Cw to unlock the drivers side door
Ccw to unlock on pass side door here.
But my drivers side door handle doesn’t match the rest as it’s chrome and the rest are painted and it’s not keyed to the ignition and the key only works the drivers side door.
On the front doors, both left and right sides turn towards the REAR of the truck to open. This matches the direction of the actuator inside the door.

A chrome door handle indicates that handle has been replaced by the PO, as the color coded ones are not as available.

It is possible to have the lock keyed to match the passenger side (by a locksmith) which would take you back to one key (I am assuming the key is only for the door and NOT the ignition as well)

The main ignition key should fit all doors, the rear gate, and the glove box.

The "valet" key should fit everything except the glove box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom