Blinking Airbag light? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I'm working on my '97 and the airbag light blinks. It is usually a continuous blinking, however sometimes, it stops blinking and goes out. Then after a few minutes or a couple of hours, it starts again.

The threads that I have found seem to be for airbag lights that are just illuminated, not blinking. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I'm working on my '97 and the airbag light blinks. It is usually a continuous blinking, however sometimes, it stops blinking and goes out. Then after a few minutes or a couple of hours, it starts again.

The threads that I have found seem to be for airbag lights that are just illuminated, not blinking. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Go to the "Resources" tab above and get a copy of the FSM (Factory Service Manual) for your truck. It details these type of diagnostics.

I downloaded that and spent hours going through it with no answers found. There is only 1 mention that I have found in that entire manual about a blinking air bag light with no solutions. The light just continuously blinks, not in a code or pattern, either. Just constant blinking.

Any other ideas short of taking it to Toyota?

Have you gone through the diagnostic procedures to retrieve any error codes and measured voltages? As you know the SRS diagnostics have many pages. I would start by verifying system power is not intermittent. The spiral cable in the steering wheel could be failing because of usage and/or age.

1632942970938.png

I did that a few times and the light blinking doesn’t change. The only thing that did change, when trying to pull codes using the outlined procedure, was the Cruise and Check Engine lights started flashing as well.

Have you gone through the diagnostic procedures to retrieve any error codes and measured voltages? As you know the SRS diagnostics have many pages. I would start by verifying system power is not intermittent. The spiral cable in the steering wheel could be failing because of usage and/or age.

Page DI-271:
"When the battery voltage drops, the voltage−increase circuit (DC−DC converter) functions to increase the
voltage of the SRS to normal voltage.
The diagnosis system malfunction display for this circuit is different to other circuits−when the SRS warning
light remains lit up and the DTC is a normal code, source voltage drop is indicated.
Malfunction in this circuit is not recorded in the airbag sensor assembly, and the source voltage returns to
normal, the SRS warning light automatically goes off."

Page DI-271:
"When the battery voltage drops, the voltage−increase circuit (DC−DC converter) functions to increase the
voltage of the SRS to normal voltage.
The diagnosis system malfunction display for this circuit is different to other circuits−when the SRS warning
light remains lit up and the DTC is a normal code, source voltage drop is indicated.
Malfunction in this circuit is not recorded in the airbag sensor assembly, and the source voltage returns to
normal, the SRS warning light automatically goes off."

Okay? That reads as if the light would be lit, not flashing, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom