Help with Hell for Stout Spring installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Regarding the shroud, IMO the prefab unit may or may not fit your application, may require modification anyway, if you have nothing it's a start or may just work, if you have the og unit then a bit of fab with a mig or even rivets will get the job done.

Post a pic once the tires are mounted. I like those.

You will like the x3s. Had them in my 80. Best offroad tire I have owned yet.

When you're done with the spring install, you might want to hit those brake discs using a die grinder with roloc sanding discs to knock down that rust. Nothing too aggressive on the grit, just enough to avoid messing up your brake pads.

No worries on the reversed front springs - I did the same thing on my first install.

Ok so after work I loosened up the Saginaw box and was able to slip the HFS bushing in. I put the top shackle bolt through the shackle and inserted it till it hit the Saginaw box. The shackle isn't the problem on my setup, it's the length of the shackle bolt. After measuring I decided the best course of action is to shorten the bolt and the nut. I took off about 3/8 of an inch on both ( had to grind the nut, pretty hard to cut straight and installed. Worked great!

bolt cut 2.jpg

bolt cut 2.jpg

clearance 2.jpg

Ok so after work I loosened up the Saginaw box and was able to slip the HFS bushing in. I put the top shackle bolt through the shackle and inserted it till it hit the Saginaw box. The shackle isn't the problem on my setup, it's the length of the shackle bolt. After measuring I decided the best course of action is to shorten the bolt and the nut. I took off about 3/8 of an inch on both ( had to grind the nut, pretty hard to cut straight and installed. Worked great!

View attachment 2799706

View attachment 2799707

View attachment 2799708
I am so embarrassed giving an upskirt of my rusty chassis frame, will clean immediately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom