Getting no fuel where do I start? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

85roktoy

SILVER Star
Threads
2F running great in drive thru line today and she shut off. Will turn over but nothing won’t start. I’m not seeing fuel in the bowl of the carb. Where do I start?

Fuel filter and then fuel pump. Disconnect fuel line going to carb, crank engine and look for gas.

Check your oil too and see if it smells like gas. That would signal bad fuel pump as well.

Another easy check; do you have enough gas in it?

X2 on is there gas in the tank?

remove gas line from pump output and see if anything comes out when engine is cranked over.

could be a plug in the pickup, could be a rusted pickup, could be a rusted fuel line

Thanks folks will check and report back. Should be gas showing 2/3 on needle.

The engine died while at idle? I'm hoping so, you being in a drive-thru...
Fuel filters and pumps usually have problems with full speed fuel demand. Yes, check for delivery up to the carb, maybe also tap on the carb body in the corner of the float bowl where the fuel comes in, see if it's a sticking needle valve. Maybe also take off the gascap, see if there's a vacuum in the tank...

Yes while at idle…

Just fired it up after 3hrs cooling down and it ran perfect. Drove for 5 miles and it’s died again won’t start…

Did you unhook the fuel line and crank the engine?

I did. Carb is getting fuel. Coil wire has no spark. Going to test it tomorrow. Hoping that’s the culprit.

2F running great in drive thru line today and she shut off. Will turn over but nothing won’t start. I’m not seeing fuel in the bowl of the carb. Where do I start?

i think its your FCS Fuel Cut SOLONOID ,

likely suspect 100%

i think its your FCS Fuel Cut SOLONOID ,

likely suspect 100%

If you aren’t getting spark and as Matt indicated you likely aren’t getting power to the fuel cut off solenoid, don’t rule out fusible links.

Keep it simple, test the fuel pump and then for voltage.

After chasing it down I was getting fuel but no spark. It was a bad Pertronix igniter in the distributor. Up and running now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom