1978 FJ40 aka Chuck Norris (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserfien

Black Sheep Cruisers!!
Threads
Website
www.integra.mortgage
Picked up this 78 fj40 about a year ago from a local physician. I have had my eye on this one for over 5 yrs and finally the time was right for him to sell. 2f motor 106k, repaint, ARB air lockers front and back, 4 inch OME lift, 4 speed Tranny, wireless remote 8274 warn winch , after market a/c (blows super cold) on 33x10.5 bfg mt's . IG @chuck_norris_fj40

chuck 1.PNG

chuck 2.PNG

chuck 3.PNG

How do you get your dog in the truck? I have to pick my 50 lb dogs up and they don't like it. I saw a YouTube video on training them to jump to a tailgate, but my tailgate has an edge they would get hurt on if they didn't make the leap. I can't get them to jump in the passenger door - it is a 2 1/2" lift.

How do you get your dog in the truck? I have to pick my 50 lb dogs up and they don't like it. I saw a YouTube video on training them to jump to a tailgate, but my tailgate has an edge they would get hurt on if they didn't make the leap. I can't get them to jump in the passenger door - it is a 2 1/2" lift.

~60lb dog and I lift mine, every dog is different but he doesn't mind. If anything he likes it better lol.

Lifted on 33's so it's pretty tall and he isn't a very good jumper

Ha ha...he puts his front paws on the rear bed area and I have to grab him where his manhood used to be and lift his ass end into the truck....

I noticed that I was getting a really strong fuel smell in the cab of the truck, but it only seemed to be when the tank was full or every once in a while when I took a sharp turn... I ended up diagnosing it as a failing breather / pressure part where the fuel neck and tank all meet. I found a used on with cruiserparts.net and after installing I still had the foul fuel smell in the cab. I couldn't figure it out until I filled the truck completely up with fuel, up the the gas nozzle neck and it was dripping fuel on the ground...Bingo...It was the hose that connects the fuel neck to the tank... I called the previous owner and told him I found out what the issue was, he said he had several mechanics look at it but never solved it... poor guy had been driving around for 5+ years with this issue just thinking he had a super stinky cruiser...He said you know all cruisers have a distinct smell, I jut thought mine was super distinct.

chuck 10.jpg

chuck 11.jpg

chuck 12.jpg

chuck 13.jpg

I just ran across one of those today in a parts box. What a coincidence that I know where it goes now if needed. Thanks for your timing.

i have the same issue…. Tank on mine is underneath though. whats the rear most filler cap for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom