HAM test Oct. 9th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Three HAM threads in a row… Hey all I just found out there is a HAM radio test on the 9th of Oct. think I’m going to give it a shot. Does anyone have some good study material stuff they can loan me tomorrow at the BBQ?

Looks like there is four slots available here’s the link

If anyone wants to take it with me let me know! I’m down for a study session!

From all of my research the best thing to do is get one of the apps and run through it over and over.

From all of my research the best thing to do is get one of the apps and run through it over and over.
This is good advice. Practice whenever you've got some spare time. Pay attention to the sections you have the most trouble with and concentrate on those parts.

Three HAM threads in a row… Hey all I just found out there is a HAM radio test on the 9th of Oct. think I’m going to give it a shot. Does anyone have some good study material stuff they can loan me tomorrow at the BBQ?

Looks like there is four slots available here’s the link

If anyone wants to take it with me let me know! I’m down for a study session!
@halfsmilingfj i am registered for this test date as well. So far I’ve just been reading through the question pool, but I will try the download and take practice tests as well. I will be at the bbq today too.
Mitch

I watched videos from youtube by W4EEY. It might be dated now with the question pool changing every couple of years. But many of the concepts were easier to for me to understand with the videos.

The Bozeman public library had a copy of the AARL book which was somewhat helpful.

Also keep in mind, you can take the exam more than once in a row. So take a pile of cash/checks with you at the exam. If you don't pass, you can ask to take it again right away.

Good luck guys.

If you're passing the online tests pretty consistently, you'll be just fine.

@REZARF
Create a free account with QRZ.com. You can lookup all licensed Ham call signs. Yours expires 2025. :cool:

Thanks Boss! I am on there but haven't been since I was using it for prepping for the test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom