LED light upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have these, they're a drop in replacement for the 60. No heater unlike the JW Speaker but that may not be an issue for you in SD. I do find the beam to not project as far as a HID projector headlight, however.

I have these, they're a drop in replacement for the 60. No heater unlike the JW Speaker but that may not be an issue for you in SD. I do find the beam to not project as far as a HID projector headlight, however.
Thanks for sharing. I swapped them on my 07' FJ Cruiser b/c I seemed to replace one bulb then the other 4-6 months later. A cycle that kept going on year after year. I figured I had an electrical issue but it all checked out. I like that ones on my FJ but am trying to do more on this LC on my own vs pay my mechanic.

I upgraded my headlights with the H4 Toyota factory upgrade kit (came on the euro spec cruiser) Comes with a new wiring harness, fuses, relays and all glass lenses.
Part number 81110-60P70
I then installed Hella 100/80 watt bulbs.
Toyota headlight kit was about 60 bucks or so from the dealer and the bulbs were less then 20 bucks.
It's not LED's but twice as bright as stock with a really nice beam pattern.

Thanks for sharing. I swapped them on my 07' FJ Cruiser b/c I seemed to replace one bulb then the other 4-6 months later. A cycle that kept going on year after year. I figured I had an electrical issue but it all checked out. I like that ones on my FJ but am trying to do more on this LC on my own vs pay my mechanic.
The kit that @t140frank mentioned seems to be the best bang-for-your-buck.
For your FJC, I found that cleaning all the old dielectric grease off the connectors and slathering new grease on the connections solved my issue of burning through bulbs every few months. I went LED bulbs for a while, but they don't stay warm enough in the winter.

The kit that @t140frank mentioned seems to be the best bang-for-your-buck.
For your FJC, I found that cleaning all the old dielectric grease off the connectors and slathering new grease on the connections solved my issue of burning through bulbs every few months. I went LED bulbs for a while, but they don't stay warm enough in the winter.
good to know if I go back to standard bulbs on the FJC.

Jw speaker is what I went with.

20210129_092614.jpg

20210122_162845.jpg

20210122_162807.jpg

20210122_162800.jpg

I upgraded my headlights with the H4 Toyota factory upgrade kit (came on the euro spec cruiser) Comes with a new wiring harness, fuses, relays and all glass lenses.
Part number 81110-60P70
I then installed Hella 100/80 watt bulbs.
Toyota headlight kit was about 60 bucks or so from the dealer and the bulbs were less then 20 bucks.
It's not LED's but twice as bright as stock with a really nice beam pattern.
And keeps ya in Toyota brand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom