40 COIL SPRING CONVERSION KIT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Getting the 40 front conversion kit dialed in. We'll also be making a rear kit with 18 stage compression and rebound adjustable coil overs.
More to come in the next week or so.

Jason

IMG_20201217_125300916_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201217_124352329.jpg
IMG_20201217_124407994.jpg

That is cool.

Jason does this require stretching the front axle? Or was thar just done at customer request

No, customer wanted extra wheelbase.

PLZ more info on this! I desperately want to see this kit fully realized and available!

Have another one to do in a few weeks. We'll be stretch the body and frame 18" (tub sectioned) and then adding coil conversion front and coilovers rear.

Will this kit be available to purchase or only sold in house?

Available as a kit like my others, will be working on our next two and once those are done I will send parts and pieces to the laser cutter for production.

Jason

So do the radius arm mounts have to be there for better geometry or could they go even a little further? Looking at reversed front leaf springs and they seem to push the front out a little more. Would love a combo of added wheelbase and the coil springs.

So do the radius arm mounts have to be there for better geometry or could they go even a little further? Looking at reversed front leaf springs and they seem to push the front out a little more. Would love a combo of added wheelbase and the coil springs.

You can adapt to your liking as long as you keep the radius arm spacing correct of course.. Probably able to go forward another inch or so before the upswing in the frame where you'd need to add a wedge to the front of the RA bracket.

@TRAIL TAILOR

Any plans to do a direct swap of FZJ80 axles under a 40 with the 80 suspension? Would your kit work with the 80 axles, or are they too wide for the brackets on the 40 frame?

Thanks,

Evan

@TRAIL TAILOR

Any plans to do a direct swap of FZJ80 axles under a 40 with the 80 suspension? Would your kit work with the 80 axles, or are they too wide for the brackets on the 40 frame?

Thanks,

Evan

I'd just make a different set of brackets. I have a customers 40 in now that we will be frame and body stretching, adding 62 axles with coil conversion, so I can look at the brackets after I get the frame work completed.

Looks awesome!! I am also interested in brackets for a 40 with 60 axles. Or a vacation to CA. And drop it off so you can do it!! I will email you.

Interested in a kit for my 45, planning to run BJ70 axles.

Me Likey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom