Wanted Need help with 70 series AC hard lines 88716-90K12; 88716-90K13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When my BJ74 was switched to R134A they stripped out two AC lines where they connect that are discontinued. I am having a hell of a time finding anyone that will replicate or repair these lines. Does anyone have spares or a recommendation of where to go to have some made?

88716-90K12 Pipe, Cooler Refrigerant Liquid, B
88716-90K13 Pipe, Cooler Refrigerant Liquid, E
1632169335828.png

I just built an AC system from scratch for a 70 series Right hand drive. Ended up having to tig weld some hard lines, as long as your ends match up you should be able to have somebody TIG weld that for you. Depending on the diameter of the line you can use what’s called a “refrigeration tube mender”
It’s a feral fitting with an O-ring in it. Any place that sells Parker hoses and fittings can get them. If it’s small diameter stuff then you’ll have to use the tig welder.

There’s a couple different ways you can go about it, you can cut those ends off each side and weld some thing universal on, or you can go to the junkyard and try to find the right fittings, which is hit or miss. Don’t just look at old Toyotas out there, as isuzus and Suzuki’s have the same style

I am in the process of assembling a/c for my LHD HDJ74, which started life as a RHD BJ74. I’m going to start a thread soon.

I had to have one hard line adapted and one hose lengthened. I’m picking up the hose tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

I just built an AC system from scratch for a 70 series Right hand drive. Ended up having to tig weld some hard lines, as long as your ends match up you should be able to have somebody TIG weld that for you. Depending on the diameter of the line you can use what’s called a “refrigeration tube mender”
It’s a feral fitting with an O-ring in it. Any place that sells Parker hoses and fittings can get them. If it’s small diameter stuff then you’ll have to use the tig welder.

There’s a couple different ways you can go about it, you can cut those ends off each side and weld some thing universal on, or you can go to the junkyard and try to find the right fittings, which is hit or miss. Don’t just look at old Toyotas out there, as isuzus and Suzuki’s have the same style

Thanks! I drove all over DFW just trying to find someone that could weld up an alternative but nobody wants to touch it (why they couldn't tell me that over the phone I'll never know....). I am hoping I'll have better luck in Oregon after I move this week. I'll check out the mender too.

I totally forgot about looking at Isuzu's and other Japanese vehicles, great idea.

I am in the process of assembling a/c for my LHD HDJ74, which started life as a RHD BJ74. I’m going to start a thread soon.

I had to have one hard line adapted and one hose lengthened. I’m picking up the hose tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

Please do. I did not anticipate it being this much of a challenge to find someone to work on it for me.

Austin Rebuilders is a fantastic shop local to me. They modified the stock hose in less than an hour. Under $70.
3F9F9945-BE72-45BC-9EED-27757A38BC17.jpeg

Usually they promise overnight, but the shop just happen to be slow yesterday. Ping me. You might be able to bring your truck down and have them fix everything at once.

Austin Rebuilders is a fantastic shop local to me. They modified the stock hose in less than an hour. Under $70. View attachment 2792225

Usually they promise overnight, but the shop just happen to be slow yesterday. Ping me. You might be able to bring your truck down and have them fix everything at once.

Looks like they’re “serious about safety” too so that’s kind of a bonus

It’s right on the front counter. Gotta be true!

They are a good old fashioned machine shop and a/c shop. They have found my old trucks interesting so they like a new challenge.

Prices are pretty damn good, too.

$38 to swap condenser inlet, about $70 per custom hose.

That's awesome, thanks! I'll give them a call. I wonder if I can switch the hard lines to hoses like that...
Unfortunately my truck is inoperable at the moment. Freight company lost the transmission and the engine is getting reassembled. It's looking like I'm going to have to haul it to Oregon because I'm moving in a few days and will be selling my house here before the freight company has to process the claim :mad:

Ship me the lines you need repaired. I’ll message you.

That's awesome, thank you! I'll give you a call later on today or tomorrow.

@Flynn, try 88716-6B150. It worked for my LHD truck, and might just fit yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom