‘78 40 Troll Hole Carb Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 40 has set for 8-9 months, now I can’t get it to run, other than starting fluid/gas. I thought it might be the fuel pump, but I have plenty of gas to the carb. I’m not too carburetor knowledgeable. Any advice on what an easy fix, or easy to try, so I can get this thing back on the road?

so you have gas flow to the carb? is there gas in the sight glass? could be a blockage either in the needle valve or is there a filter screen on the inlet?

I figured I would need to look at the sight glass. No flashlight with me and the air cleaner assembly is in the way. I’ll do that next. Probably need a new fuel filter as I saw debris in the catch can, could have been in there before, but I doubt. I disconnected the line at the carb, after the filter.

I’d say put a new gasket on your troll hole carb.... it’s far from “rebuilding it”.

After that it sounds like you have a fuel delivery problem, so get fuel to the carb before you start thinking about replacing it.

The eBay ones are almost gaurenteed to be full of metal, and need thorough cleaning prior to use.

Okay, so I would replace the torn gasket on the carb, and hook it back up and see how it goes.

Is there any trash in the bowl?

I’d call Marshall, he might have one for you.

If not, and verify this, but I would say the foot prints are all the same so any gasket for the AISIN style carb should work.

There isn't a fuel delivery problem, I cranked it over yesterday not realizing I hadn't connected the fuel line, and I had gas everywhere.

you may have gas to the carb but the post above says no gas in the sight glass, you still have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom