Call all emissions experts! - equipment compatibility question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I may be wrong but I don't think there is a CARB approved fuel injection system for a 2f at present. Also after reading about the Canadian import you should probably follow Federal standards. I bought mine new in Nevada and mine has the non-catalytic converter sticker and it is Federal and it has passed Cal smog many, many times. I have all my original smog equip installed and can send pics and I have some smog parts I could probably donate.

could you send me some pics? I would be interested in being able to ask you some questions

here is one I took for another Mud member
IMG_0360[1].JPG

IMG_0360[1].JPG

you have a high altitude spec I see from that high alt maroon valve...the BVSV is located under those 2 purple opposing valves...possible to get from under there I was hoping to see that

Confirmed lower thermostat housing. Charcoal cannister has no valve. two lines from the top and one from the bottom.
IMG_0043[1].JPG
IMG_0042[1].JPG

right on !
I appreciate it...for my rig, I dont think whatever part that is even has a female inlet for a BVSV..dammit ...****ing PO desmogging in CA wtf
oh is that called the lower thermostat housing - ok... need to double check in morning if my lower even has the damn inlet - going to be pissed if it doesn't but why would it right he desmogged the damn car. complete. just hoping he only plugged it, but from memory it was straight case iron with no inlets whatsoever on the lower for me. damn. praying

ya I can see the 2 BVSV spots as there are 2 for 78+ (blue and brown) .. that would work for a 78 too probably. did you just take that off to picture for me

god dammit I just checked im gunna have to get a new lower t-stat housing..ugh it feels endless sometimes

If the 77 doesn’t hav the BVSVs Then you don’t need them to pass the visual. Check the schematic for the vacuum lines and bypass them.

If the 77 doesn’t hav the BVSVs Then you don’t need them to pass the visual. Check the schematic for the vacuum lines and bypass them.
thanks, I have a '78 CA carb that the guy thought was a '78 FED...after looking at the SOR carb ID section I figured it out pretty quickly.
question what is the "advancer port" for on the '78 FED carb because the '78 CA only has 2 vacuum ports as opposed to the FED's 3...which adds an "advancer port" just curious what significance that has if you knew? pretty sure just from visual (not understanding inner workings) that's one of the only differences between the 2.

god dammit I just checked im gunna have to get a new lower t-stat housing..ugh it feels endless sometimes

i have Fully Machine SHOP restored Lower BVSV PORTS USA SPEC equipped Thermostat housings available

PM me please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom