No Crank out of no where (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
changed oil and now have no crank

Here is an interior video.

I have changed the starter and the battery has plenty of voltage.

What exactly are you working on? My psychic powers are down today. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The video seems to be having an issue.

I would check loose terminals and main ground. Can’t recall if you have fusible links or not, but would check those if you do.

Disconnect main coil wire to dizzy. Apply power direct to starter to see if it bumps motor. This will help isolate where the issue is.

I would check loose terminals and main ground. Can’t recall if you have fusible links or not, but would check those if you do.

Disconnect main coil wire to dizzy. Apply power direct to starter to see if it bumps motor. This will help isolate where the issue is.
I checked the fusible link and took it apart completely. Everything looks fine. Still same issue.

I will try the starter item

Screenshot_20210906-183406.png

Engine fuse in fuse panel good?

Finally put in the new fusible link that came in today. Still having the same issue. Any other ideas? I’m at a loss at this moment.

Pull the small wire off the starter; check voltage while cranking.

Small wire should get system voltage when you hit the key.

Is the 80a fuse you changed still live?

Any other issues? I.e do you have full instrument and dash power when turn the key on?

Any other issues? I.e do you have full instrument and dash power when turn the key on?
I’ll check the small wire shortly

All other items are great. Vehicle literally ran like a top. Which is why I am completely lost.

Small

small wire has voltage.

Unless the "12 volts" is actually a dead battery.

How many volts on the batt? 12.6 is fully charged. 12.0 is considered as good as dead...25% charge.

I have about 12.7 at the battery.

I’ll pull the new starter back off and bench test it. Probably should have done that before anyways

Id say you have already bench tested it in frame by verifying the voltage. But if its no good it has to come out anyways.

Try not to be rough with it. Dropping it or bouncing it off the frame rail can be enough to demagnatize a motor. Or remagnatize it/bounce the contacts around. Which is why hitting a starter with a hammer sometimes makes it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom