Your Tacoma is cute. This Hilux wins. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DIFF LOCK

Threads
TOYOTA Hilux technical; equipped for pipe hitter stuff down range.

20020D9F-228F-4DE5-BDA1-697B46A70774.jpeg

76D57257-BAAC-42BA-9D00-FF3FB24EEE55.jpeg

EA33C20B-4204-4DAA-A9C3-E9A45E4E7B57.jpeg

On display here…

484EADA8-D9D0-4F43-964C-886BB12E3A90.jpeg

Cool truck. I'm curious about the mods/upgrades they did.
I wish I would've taken more pictures at the time, but what I remember most about it was the interior. The OEM door panels had been replaced by custom pieces that may have been reinforced or even ballistic rated--it was hard to tell given the lighting. The center stack had been replaced with custom paneling with a smattering of electronics and switches. This thing was definitely "built" and not just simply acquired, spray-painted flat tan, and some meaty tires thrown on it. I got the sense it was fully outfitted before it went back in the field. I'm not sure about this particular off-road light setup, but I've since learned that you can buy IR lights for your rig. So if you configured some kill switches for your normal halogen/LED lights that allowed your vehicle to go "dark" and then turned on IR driving lights + the operators' NVGs, that would be some pretty stealth SEAL $h!t :cool: Driving with NODs. That's next level.

I wish I would've taken more pictures at the time, but what I remember most about it was the interior. The OEM door panels had been replaced by custom pieces that may have been reinforced or even ballistic rated--it was hard to tell given the lighting. The center stack had been replaced with custom paneling with a smattering of electronics and switches. This thing was definitely "built" and not just simply acquired, spray-painted flat tan, and some meaty tires thrown on it. I got the sense it was fully outfitted before it went back in the field. I'm not sure about this particular off-road light setup, but I've since learned that you can buy IR lights for your rig. So if you configured some kill switches for your normal halogen/LED lights that allowed your vehicle to go "dark" and then turned on IR driving lights + the operators' NVGs, that would be some pretty stealth SEAL $h!t :cool: Driving with NODs. That's next level.
As long as you have the latest and greatest NODs 😂 the single eye one I used at night out at NTC was absolute trash. Couldn't see s*** and made driving a very butthole clenching experience. Very cool Hilux, thanks for sharing the pics

As long as you have the latest and greatest NODs 😂 the single eye one I used at night out at NTC was absolute trash. Couldn't see s*** and made driving a very butthole clenching experience. Very cool Hilux, thanks for sharing the pics
Ha! Nice 👍🏻 I’ve got a TNV/PVS-14 unfilmed white phosphor monocular that is scheduled to be built by TNVC in mid October. That will be my first experience with night vision.

Don’t these rigs have a turbo diesel powerplant?

Just awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom