ID this part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In restoring my 74 fj40 this pictured part does not seem to know where it belongs. Any help would be appreciated.

155CB893-A2A0-4BD5-A9E5-5FC4A428DB8F.jpeg

It also doesn't seem to know what shape it's supposed to be ;)

Ain't that the guard that protects the fuel vapor lines and vapor tank just aft of the passenger seat?
And just afore of the rear wheel well.

Ha, I was also too slow... heater line cover. I did find it interesting that it's yet a different gray as I was working mine - it's not the normal pewter. The hose covers are also that darker gray. Why...dunno.

What year? My newest FJ40 is a 79. Believe later 40s had darker gray on some items. Interior ambulance door handle is a darker gray as I remember.

I would agree, looks generally similar to my color. If you put it next to the "pewter" color used elsewhere like the glovebox, heater, seatbacks, or evap/filler covers, it's darker...at least on my 9/75 build.

The heater cover is the pewter for reference - the heater was a repaint, but I painted all the pewter parts a bit piecemeal on purpose to check the color, and the paint I had was a very close match. I didn't repaint the hose cover, as it didn't need it as it was in good shape from living all those years under the dash vs picking up dings and nicks in the open. (It also matched the short line covers that are that same darker gray...poor second photo there but just to illustrate the part I mean.)

I was surprised that they were a different color, just from a manufacturing standpoint...but one of those quirky old Toyota things.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.26.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.30.47 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom