injector nozzle servicing discussion? 1984-1990 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an interest in the 2h injectors.
As it is, the nozzle assembly 23620 68020 used in the 2h engine from 11/84 until 1/90 is very nearly impossible to obtain. It is housed within the 23600 nippon denso holder. I think Megazip has some, amayama has not. Megazip shall sell the 6 nozzles for around $500 aud.

I can get re-manufactured, change over core set for around $400. Which is cheaper than just getting the nozzles and doing it myself. To quote Tom waits in 'step right up', how do they do it?
Did they stock up with spare nozzles before stock ran out?
No wonder folks just send them out and get fresh replacements like harry potter.
There seems to be an element of voodoo going down here. Other folks are servicing their own tractor and truck injectors.

Is there an equivalent nozzle which can be used?
denso number 093 400 1770 and bosch 0434 250 254 are meant to be equivalent but are even more difficult to find.
Some of the older nozzles for pre 1984 are easier to obtain, but more than likely give a different pressure and volume of fuel. Admittedly have not tried.
I am fiddling with some old injectors from 6/85 2h, very neglected the large washer was welded with carbon to the nozzle holder. I am still trying to dislodge the nozzle. I have found the best way to remove carbon is using helmar gun barrel cleaner carbon dissolver and carefully with a soft copper brush. I also have some aeroplane carbon remover stuff, cheaper but have not used it yet.

Anyone?

Did they stock up with spare nozzles before stock ran out?
They probably source them direct from Denso but Denso in Australia doesnt seem to be very oriented towards home mechanics.
Its also possible some parts companies here did buy up big when they were easy to get. Or, diesel shops are using chinese injector parts.
Generally parts related to fuel injection are available for decades after many other parts went out of production.

but more than likely give a different pressure and volume of fuel
I think they could be adjusted to suit. The 2H is still a very common diesel here, so someone knows how to keep them going. Diesel shops often keep their secret knowledge close to their chest.

hmm, interesting stuff. I was looking at the wide range of spacer shims available on amayama, .3-.5mm increments behind the spring in the injector housing, many pressure options.
It would be fiddly but I am patient. Truck and tractors dudes are doin it.

I asked denso if they had the nozzles, they said just to send mine in..

Worthwhile investigating and researching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom