What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brodie, I imagine a heat gun might damage the surrounding bits. Did You disassemble the dash to remove the wood trim? I need to do this.
It was a really mild heat gun, something my wife uses for crafting, more like a more-accurate hair dryer. I did kinda toast the first piece I took off a bit right on the driver door switch panel, but, I had another one I replaced it with anyway. Overall it was totally worth it to do, it's just an incredible change especially if yours is as cracked/peeling/faded as mine was.

It was a really mild heat gun, something my wife uses for crafting, more like a more-accurate hair dryer. I did kinda toast the first piece I took off a bit right on the driver door switch panel, but, I had another one I replaced it with anyway. Overall it was totally worth it to do, it's just an incredible change especially if yours is as cracked/peeling/faded as mine was.
I've got some reallllly crusty hard to remove adhesive sticking around from when my trim was removed. I think it might be beyond heating but maybe not. You use any other chemicals to remove it?

sweet, what type of field gun are you using for quail?

Doves not quail.

The gun is a CZ612 field. I am super impressed with this shotgun for a budget gun. It is extremely light and easy to carry.

Doing the valve cover gasket and other associated things that go along with it. Partsouq refunded me on the spark plug tube seals, must not of had them....went to the local dealer to order and they told me $21 each seal.

Didn't really know what to say but just left and got them from another online source

Doing the valve cover gasket and other associated things that go along with it. Partsouq refunded me on the spark plug tube seals, must not of had them....went to the local dealer to order and they told me $21 each seal.

Didn't really know what to say but just left and got them from another online source
What?! 1119315010?
$9 here

Blown head gasket on this 1HDT. 🙁

2E21A02F-8B6A-4DB2-A1AF-1779A7CEA11B.jpeg
EB0BB548-43E9-41F7-B28D-C0A532423A55.jpeg

Cheers

I've got some reallllly crusty hard to remove adhesive sticking around from when my trim was removed. I think it might be beyond heating but maybe not. You use any other chemicals to remove it?
WD-40.

Spray it on a cotton rag, wipe it on, let it soak, wipe it off. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Then soap and water to clean off the WD-40.

I replaced both front window regulators and the rear hatch has shocks….going to install DirtCom tire swing next weekend..

Making progress on the thing I’m building to relocate something. I admit I have a disease of getting overly complicated for simple things.
But I love fabricating 😁

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Making progress on the thing I’m building to relocate something. I admit I have a disease of getting overly complicated for simple things.
But I love fabricating 😁

View attachment 2785650

View attachment 2785652

View attachment 2785653

But I love fabricating 😁

View attachment 2785650
What kinds of rivets are you using here?

You sure make nice looking stuff.

You sure make nice looking stuff.
Thank you sir, aircraft sheet metal repair and fabrication is one of my area specialties in my trade😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom