What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moving at a snails pace over here, I guess I should be thankful its moving at all. Shipping is a joke these days, paid for some next day parts on Tuesday so I could finish this weekend, they haven't shown yet.
20210911_132245.jpg

Finished swapping out my body mounts. I am surprised beacause I gained 3/4" of lift with the new mounts. I will drive it for a week and re-torque all the mounts.

It really wasn't to bad of a job, I found it very helpful to put a strap from the axle to frame before trying to jack the body up for swapping the mounts. The two bolts on the front and rear mounts were seized but hitting them with a torch broke them loose.

The hardest one is the mount above the exhuast under the passenger front floor board, it would be smart to pre soak this mount for a few days before starting.

View attachment 2783649
View attachment 2783650
View attachment 2783651
View attachment 2783652
View attachment 2783653
Love your workbench with the reloading gear. Used to shoot high power rifle competition back in the 80s. Sold all of my reloading equipment when I quit competing. With the price of ammo today, I wish I had it back. Might have to re-invest.

Love your workbench with the reloading gear. Used to shoot high power rifle competition back in the 80s. Sold all of my reloading equipment when I quit competing. With the price of ammo today, I wish I had it back. Might have to re-invest.
My neighbor is retired and I swear there are only a couple things he does while awake: yard work and making ammo (well, and then shooting said ammo). Dude is at the range every single day.

Moving at a snails pace over here, I guess I should be thankful its moving at all. Shipping is a joke these days, paid for some next day parts on Tuesday so I could finish this weekend, they haven't shown yet.
View attachment 2783841

Nice to see there’s someone else out there who knows the joys of wrenching on their rig in a gravel driveway. The first time you drop a small nut into the gravel you lose about 30 minutes of your day hunting and pecking.

Replaced the flooded lead acid battery with an X2power 27F AGM battery. Relocated the washer bottle with the Slee brackets and installed a second battery tray in preparation for a dual battery setup. Also modded the fan clutch with 10k cst fluid. Already noticing a big difference in engine temps with AC on full blast blowing ice cold!

IMG_5733.jpeg
IMG_5734.jpeg

Bought and sold one of the last Back Bay Tailgate lids to my buddy @Hyup It really is a nice piece.
A0EF4F84-39E7-485D-9FAE-32FB0DF3F27B.jpeg

Just an oil change, washed the air filter
Pads and rotors arrive tomorrow…to be done by weeks end when I head out west for 2 weeks

You know you have a problem when......

I went to 3 hardware stores trying to track down a handful of bolts and 20 nuts this morning. But I only came home with a few nuts and a bunch of other goodies.

View attachment 2783439

I guess some people put there extra money into a savings account. But I just seem to put all mine into ammo....
Ammo will be currency during the zombie apocalypse. It's not a problem, it's preparation. ;)

Changed the oil, changed out my cracked tail light lenses with new to me units from @CYKBC, and installed a ScanGuage so I can obsess with my coolant temps.

770DF3EC-056A-48D2-BF2C-FC0119076373.jpeg

3169B819-67DF-4EFE-B62A-6FB3B59B871B.jpeg

3FACE79F-A71F-4E59-8C27-BEA2E722B9DC.jpeg

After spending Saturday working on the rig I got to take it out to play today.

20210912_155723.jpg

20210912_174530.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom