Looking for help identifying these leaks please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I noticed these leaks just today.
First of them is underneath the front seal area maybe?
Second is it underneath the passenger side.
The fluid seems light in color…brake fluid possibly? I do see that grease is also coming out from the axle, right? 😬 Im just not that confident knowing what is really happening there, so go easy on me lol.
I would try to further diagnose but Im not super knowledgeable about this part and I also have a broken collar thats healing. I hope someone can help me figure this out, I may just take it in to a shop to help me out here in Las Vegas.
Any help from here would be awesome though! Thank you🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

2850D9F9-4451-4184-B594-E3A28851E7DB.jpeg

7431982F-41EC-4435-A6E8-583723E54F79.jpeg

45C77E54-C63B-4226-9E57-59ECC4FF959A.jpeg

C34D235E-F900-44FF-B687-BD6D52A0C1DB.jpeg

9F9B7CE9-1E5F-439E-B1FB-64DF21C63920.jpeg

You better not drive it.......

You call those leaks?

Looks like CPS and axle seals.
Well, the start of some leakage i guess. Thanks for the tip though! Like I said, I just noticed them and also Im not a pro, I just like to pay attention to anything that MIGHT be an issue and ask questions so i can learn. I would say im at best, just a little better than amateur at wrenching…Again thanks for the help. Now ill go look up what CPS is.
I did regrease the bearings about 5 months ago. Not knowing any better at the time, maybe I shouldve gone in and done all of that too, as in axle seals. 🤷🏻‍♂️🙏🏼

For real? Ok…
So youre saying this is serious?
What would happen? What do i need to do right away then? Replace the axle seal?
No, totally sarcasm.

The lower right knuckle indicates you may have the start of "birf soup" brought on by axle seals gone bad or loose wheel bearings or a front axle breather vent being clogged.

The leak on the bottom of the engine could be one or more of the following:
Distributor O-ring
Valve cover gasket
Oil pump gasket

Start at the top and work your way down looking for where the block is first "wet".

You can drive it all you want. Make sure to keep an eye on fluid levels and which one(s) keep going down

Those are all very minor drips you have going on.

For real? Ok…
So youre saying this is serious?
What would happen? What do i need to do right away then? Replace the axle seal?
Curious, what shop did your work?

Not many folks do the bolt head marking when complete unless they really know what they are doing and do serious follow-up.

I would say your ACIS is totally malfunctioning.

Automatic Corrosion Inhibiting System

Not many folks do the bolt head marking when complete unless they really know what they are doing and do serious follow-up.
No, totally sarcasm.

The lower right knuckle indicates you may have the start of "birf soup" brought on by axle seals gone bad or loose wheel bearings or a front axle breather vent being clogged.

The leak on the bottom of the engine could be one or more of the following:
Distributor O-ring
Valve cover gasket
Oil pump gasket

Start at the top and work your way down looking for where the block is first "wet".

You can drive it all you want. Make sure to keep an eye on fluid levels and which one(s) keep going down

Those are all very minor drips you have going on.
I truly thank you for that advice. I broke my clavicle about 4 weeks ago and this is the first time since, that Ive been able to take a look under there. All I could see was a few drops and it was bugging the crap outta me that I couldnt take a look or even now, that I still cant do any work to it. I will though eventually, so I really appreciate that. At least while im healing Ill have plenty of time to read up and study how to service this and prevent it from anything further serious happening. Good thing also I cant even drive anyways so makes no difference really lol. Thank you sir, are you on instagram? Looking at your profile name i feel like i may be following you…bosebilt? Maybe not🤷🏻‍♂️

Ah yes, about a year and half ago I was living in Seattle.
Torfab, just north of Seattle, rebuilt the knuckles. Are you familiar with them? Theyre well known in the area for doing work mainly on cruisers.
Also here in Vegas theres a place called Nefarious Kustoms, they put on caster plates from slee for me and did the same process as well with the markings. They do great custom fab work! I love researching and connecting with people who love doing what they do. I love my 80 and will always do the best I can for it like many others🦾🦾🦾
Cheers and thanks again for the advice

I truly thank you for that advice. I broke my clavicle about 4 weeks ago and this is the first time since, that Ive been able to take a look under there. All I could see was a few drops and it was bugging the crap outta me that I couldnt take a look or even now, that I still cant do any work to it. I will though eventually, so I really appreciate that. At least while im healing Ill have plenty of time to read up and study how to service this and prevent it from anything further serious happening. Good thing also I cant even drive anyways so makes no difference really lol. Thank you sir, are you on instagram? Looking at your profile name i feel like i may be following you…bosebilt? Maybe not🤷🏻‍♂️
No Instagram for me

This is it.

Looks like you have dif oil leaking from the birfield shaft seal and also oil pump cover leak. Hard to confirm the oil pump leak from the pics though.

90w gear oil has a very distinct smell, wipe a little of that grease on the knuckle ball on your finger if it smells like 90w then you have a axle seal leak ;)
As far as the other leaks as long as everything is topped off there no harm in driving it tell you get it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom