National Public Lands Day (NPLD) Cleanup Event SEP 25th (Time and Meetup Location Change - Yellow Text) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All:
I am volunteering to lead the National Public Lands Day Cleanup Event for 406 Cruisers on SEP 25th.

Meetup Location: Sterling Rd @ Swayback/Revenue Rd Y, just before heading south into BLM land (45.55222, -111.76902) - Blue X on below OnX map.
Date: SEP 25th
Time: 10 AM
BLM Cleanup Location: Revenue Flats (45.54429, -111.77031) - Black X on below OnX map.

1632064899385-png.2790434

1631314702385.png

Who's in?
@406Camper + 1 1/2 (dog)
@Huskernation
@90WT
@ttFJC
@MTsoul
@clemson55
Make an impact for future generations and do something! Join me. Bring the family. Canines welcome.

Last edited:
T-shirts have always been provided by BLM in the past. I like revenue because it gets hit hard by campers and ravers. And it's the gateway to the tobacco roots that we use often.
Hyalite has "friends of hyalite" to organize events there.
I'll have company in town and not sure if I can make it.

I will definitely try to make it...no pref.

Anyone have a trailer we can use? Otherwise, I will see if Midway will donate one for the cause.

Chris McGrath
Outdoor Recreation Planner
BLM-Dillon FO, Ennis Duty Station
cmcgrath@blm.gov
Cell- 406-490-9044
Office- 406-682-4082

I believe this is the guy from the previous years

they do the cleanup up at the flats every year, or at least they used to before covid. we had like 15 trucks show up one year

My dog got a t-shirt last time they did it. You usually also get a Free day pass for the National parks too. Good for one free trip through yellowstone to cooke city.
IMG_7747.JPG

All:

I just spoke with Chris @ BLM. BLM is not hosting a cleanup this year due to COVID. However, they very much appreciate our effort. Chris is sending me the permit form to cover us for Revenue Flats.
That being said, Chris said the impact to the area due to irresponsible campers during COVID is significant. I am asking for all hands on deck (sorry for the Navy speak) so that we can clean up this area.

Last edited:
My dog got a t-shirt last time they did it. You usually also get a Free day pass for the National parks too. Good for one free trip through yellowstone to cooke city.
View attachment 2782551
@ttFJC, We are too late for that. All the passes have been distributed already. Chris said we might get a shirt after the fact in like October. I am going to see if I can get some sponsors for a 406 Cruiser shirt, or see if the club will pick up the tab. Looks awesome through!

All:

Event is now registered with NEEF. Waiting on BLM permit.
1631298716083.png

@REZARF and @MontanaLax, what is the official address for the club? I need it for the permit.

All:
Permit has been submitted to Chris @ BLM and is awaiting signature from the BLM Land Manager.

Kudos to @406Camper and team (obvious ttFJC was a critical cog in this wheel) for pulling this together so quickly! I will be out of town that weekend, but if for some reason that changes, I will definitely join. Otherwise, rock on guys!

I unfortunately will be out of town for this one as well. It's always been a good day wandering around the Flats and the last few years we've gotten rained and snowed on, but well worth it!

I unfortunately will be out of town for this one as well. It's always been a good day wandering around the Flats and the last few years we've gotten rained and snowed on, but well worth it!
Thanks for jinxing it but we all know the snow is coming early this year. But we need it

I’m working til 1pm next Saturday. Not sure I’ll get to Rev. Great project. Thanks for setting it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom