Stainless Exhaust for the 80? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, folks--- anyone know where I can pick up a stainless exhaust system for my 97 fzj80? OTRAMM is not making them anymore. I've searched the forums some but have not seen another source for these yet. Help appreciated!

Thx.
Timoss
97 80 88 62

Toyota

@OTRAMM stopped making them? Really? When did you find this out?
He told me today. For one thing, he says the materials have become too hard to get/expensive. Maybe he will resume when things return to "normal."

Timoss
97 80 88 62

He told me today. For one thing, he says the materials have become too hard to get/expensive. Maybe he will resume when things return to "normal."

Timoss
97 80 88 62
Looking at it from a materials perspective, 3" OD 304SS tube is almost unobtanium right now.

Many of the tube sizes have been VERY difficult to get. There was a strike at a tube manufacturing plant that really killed availability of a LOT of different sizes, 6" OD and smaller.

Timoss
97 80 88 62
gotcha, hate it when that happens.

The exhaust bends we use have a bit more than tripled in price. That and they've gone from a few days to get to over a month on the stuff we were able to get. For now at least it just isn't sustainable to keep making them. The smaller tubing for the filler necks is still available but also tripled in price, so we're still making them but I had to raise the price. Hopefully everything will settle down at some point and we can resume building them.

May end up having to go this route, though I was hoping for something higher clearance. Anyone ordered one from Toyota recently? Wonder how easy they are to get in reality...

May end up having to go this route, though I was hoping for something higher clearance. Anyone ordered one from Toyota recently? Wonder how easy they are to get in reality...
I ordered a new exhaust for my HZJ80 through the dealer earlier this year. Two of the three bits came over from Japan as there was no current stock in Aus. No trouble with the order.

It’s an extremely nice exhaust, fits like a glove.

Cheers
A few questions:
- any fitment problems on LHD cruisers vs the RHD cruisers they have in AU?
- did you get the ceramic coating?
- are there O2 sensor nipples on the tubing
- did the price include new cat and muffler?
- what are the power gains and driveability improvements
Regards

Beaudesert will not ship to the Us anymore. You will have to have someone in AUS buy it and ship here. I did that and it’s not cheap. It’s very nice though. Mine was for the diesel FTE so no clue about their 1FZ options.

@OTRAMM please consider keeping some on hand or easy to source.

I am trying to finish up my project to get my rig to you to do a whole new exhaust and the front oil pump seals.

Hey, folks--- anyone know where I can pick up a stainless exhaust system for my 97 fzj80? OTRAMM is not making them anymore. I've searched the forums some but have not seen another source for these yet. Help appreciated!

Thx.
Timoss
97 80 88 62

You could buy the Pacemaker King Brown system - it's 409 stainless. You would have to have it shipped from Australia.

You could just get the center and rear sections and mate that up to the Magnaflow y-pipe, which is stainless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom