PZJ70 Full Lock Set (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally found the lock set. It was deep down inside a box.

Edit (12/8/21: Due to numerous messages over this lock set asking if I will sell it, I wanted to add that I am not selling this lock set at this time.)

This is the type of ignition barrel and key you get if you order 69005-60381-C0

View attachment 2780391 View attachment 2780392

View attachment 2780393

Last edited:
Read what I wrote. It was discontinued on the ignition cylinder itself…. IE: where it said “GLOW” as a position on the cylinder.

It still glows. :lol:

EDIT: what Matt said.
Doesn't say GLOW but does have a G

I didn't get a picture before I left but my lock cylinder does have a G on it and it is a '93. Seems to be in contrast to what was said previous in the threat.
Thoughts?

I have seen the glow select cylinder on mid 1990’s HZJ/PZJ Cruisers. Its a general market thing, ie 3rd world.

Cheers

I have seen the glow select cylinder on mid 1990’s HZJ/PZJ Cruisers. Its a general market thing, ie 3rd world.

Cheers
Curacao isn't exactly 3rd world, but I think it fits the application. With that, will the one @FJ73Texas has work, or will I need to adapt it?

Curacao isn't exactly 3rd world, but I think it fits the application. With that, will the one @FJ73Texas has work, or will I need to adapt it?

Won’t glow, you will need to put the glow on a switch or get the right ignition cylinder.

Cheers

Just adding to this search. Buckeye, did you find a set that works?

If anyone has a 69005-6A200-C0 lock set for a BJ73 I am all ears. I only have one door I can unlock right now and its getting a bit inconvenient.

69005-60381-C0 worked perfect for me on a previous cruiser I had (1986 FJ73). I would imagine it works for any SWB/MWB/LWB 70 series excluding the pickups.

It has the following:

1 new ignition lock
2 new door locks for the driver and passenger door
1 new door lock for the rear door
1 new lock for the gas door
1 new lock for the glove box.
3 new keys which works with all the locks above.

Do you know of a set that includes two locks for the gas doors on a Troopy with a factory aux fuel tank?

Do you know of a set that includes two locks for the gas doors on a Troopy with a factory aux fuel tank?
This is what I used on my Ute.

225AE6FD-F05E-4F04-9B06-9A1DAC0BF770.jpeg

To be honest, I don't. I never researched for a troopy since I don't own one.

One caveat, the ignition didn’t fit into the housing on my 1985 HJ75, so one would need to find/install the correct housing for the ignition. Or use two keys like I am.

Cylinder housings are matched to their lock cylinders. Always check your cylinder housing PNs when getting newer key lock sets.

Back to searching for this. I've found so many part numbers that my head is beginning to spin. 69005-60381-C0 as mentioned above is NLA (checked partsoug, Amayama, and Megazip). Stock for my BJ73 is 69005-6A200-C0 also NLA. It appears 69005-60390 which is available, but I have not seen a photo of the locks to confirm they would fit what I am after. According to Amayama it fits the HZJ73/74 so in theory would fit a BJ73. Anyone have any insights on this?

Back to searching for this. I've found so many part numbers that my head is beginning to spin. 69005-60381-C0 as mentioned above is NLA (checked partsoug, Amayama, and Megazip). Stock for my BJ73 is 69005-6A200-C0 also NLA. It appears 69005-60390 which is available, but I have not seen a photo of the locks to confirm they would fit what I am after. According to Amayama it fits the HZJ73/74 so in theory would fit a BJ73. Anyone have any insights on this?

It takes a lot of cross checking between the part sites like partsouq and toyodiy but the most important thing is matching up the ignition switch and the ignition switch housing. Find out what housing you have at the moment and you can go from there. This is a tip I got from Onur himself. I find that the door lock hardware is pretty much the same across all 70 series.

For example: You may have to compromise and end up with an extra lock such as getting a kit that has two fuel door locks for a 78 series troopy but at least it has the correct ignition switch barrel you need.

Thanks! Thats about what I figured. 69005-60390 is pictured below and covers all my bases. I dont need the glove box one, but wanted the others. I was just hoping someone who has used that part number can confirm what was in the package.

1645719699860.png

Update: Amayama canceled my order, 69005-60390 is discontinued as well.

Here is the current list for BJ73/74:
Discontinued:​
69005-90K98-01​
69005-6A200-C0​
69005-60390​
6900560770​
69005-90K08 (BJ75, HJ75, BJ70, LJ70)​
Available:​
69005-90K04​
69005-90K97-01​
Other options: (BJ75, HZJ, etc.)
69005-60390​

Last edited:
Bumping this back to the top. I've now run into three discontinued lock sets while looking. Does anyone have a line on a replacement for a BJ73? Looks like 69005-90K08 is also discontinued now. I've updated the chart I made in the post above.

Megazip has one in stock, but is looks like it might be missing keys. This is the parts guide:
keys.jpg

Actual Photo:
1647364974340.png

Has anyone purchased 69005-90K08 and can confirm what should be in the package? Really I just need ignition, both doors, and a fuel door lock (which the photo above has).

I will share something I have in my own notes: When you look up a key set, you usually see a "No. 1, No. 2, etc in the description. Based off my own research, here is what the numbers mean. All sets have an ignition and door lock key by default because by set I am talking ignition, door locks and the associated keys minimum.

If you see the "O" then that means the ignition and door lock key usually also functions as a key in that category. I have found that usually every set has three new keys included.

toyotalocknkey.JPG

69005-90K08 looks like it is No. 10 which means it has a set of keys for the ignition, door locks and fuel door.

Last edited:
That chart is super helpful. Looking online what is challenging is that door locks indicate left and right front doors, but not the rear door. The Toyota chart does not indicate rear door as included on there. BJ75 truck keys would work, but troopy keys with the rear door would be ideal. Back to searching it is. Another option might be taking all my locks in after swapping to 69005-90K08 and just having which ever one is in the best shape re-keyed to match for the rear door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom