What has the Knob Cobbler been up to? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
Going to be installing AC in my current build, as well as some FOG lights.

As usual I started looking for switch / knob solutions but ended up making my own. (Adding to my huge library of knob designs that Toyota never made enough of or thought about)

I even decided to take on the tricky leprechaun lighted knobs found on some 40 series.

The lighted knobs are made the same way as OEM. Still just a wee bit of tinkering needed on those. Actually, mine use real glass, not acrylic. Hard part is finding an OEM switch. So I've gone rogue there as well... ;)

The HAZARD knob (pictured) is the same as the lighted knob but no light (and not extra long either). Figured I might like a variation on the normal knobs. Sorta liking the glossy look.

These aren't painted either. Just a nice dark black ABS poly blend...

If anyone wants to know how to make them yourself PM me and I can provide the stl files and a quick how to. (The how to is quick, not the making part) :) As you can see, I can do any knob OEM or not...

Or if you're lazy or just want an easy button, let me know...

knobs with glass.jpg

Last edited:
Going to be installing AC in my current build, as well as some FOG lights.

As usual I started looking for switch / knob solutions but ended up making my own. (Adding to my huge library of knob designs that Toyota never made enough of or thought about)

I even decided to take on the tricky leprechaun lighted knobs found on some 40 series.

The lighted knobs are made the same way as OEM. Still just a wee bit of tinkering needed on those. Actually, mine use real glass, not acrylic. Hard part is finding an OEM switch. So I've gone rogue there as well... ;)

The HAZARD knob (pictured) is the same as the lighted knob but no light (and not extra long either). Figured I might like a variation on the normal knobs. Sorta liking the glossy look.

These aren't painted either. Just a nice dark black ABS poly blend...

If anyone wants to know how to make them yourself PM me and I can provide the stl files and a quick how to. (The how to is quick, not the making part) :) As you can see, I can do any knob OEM or not...

Or if you're lazy or just want an easy button, let me know...

View attachment 2780261
Those look great. Can you do the ‘72 hazard knob but with an indent for the graphic to allow for paint?
747E4810-E5BA-4FE5-862C-72240242AEA4.jpeg

Can you do the ‘72 hazard knob but with an indent for the graphic to allow for paint?View attachment 2780272
No Problem!

I haven't done the 72ish knobs yet..

That one looks unique... Hmmm.. If you can provide super detailed dimensions on it I can fab it up. And for doing that for me I will make it for you for free! Just pay 10 bucks to ship it if that works for you?

If you don't have a sample to look at, maybe someone else might?

Oh, and I can also do those H knobs. With whatever you want on it.. and colors too!.. :)

No Problem!

That one looks unique... Hmmm.. If you can provide super detailed dimensions on it I can fab it up. And for doing that for me I will make it for you for free! Just pay 10 bucks to ship it if that works for you?

If you don't have a sample to look at, maybe someone else might?

Oh, and I can also do those H knobs. With whatever you want on it.. Also, and color.. :)
I think i have a spare hazard pull. I’ll be in touch via PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom