Installed bumpers from Dissent Off-Road and quick write up (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@BlackMammoth that's a pro tip! Working on cars from carpet has been excellent on the body! lol When I purchased my house a few months ago, I knew ! was changing out all the floors to wood immediately, but they had just changed that carpet and it was brand new! I couldn't just throw it away

In case anyone wants to see the full bumper w/ bull bar. Here it is installed on my Truck.

-Chris
20210709_144326.jpg

Uhh yeah we're gonna need to see more pics of that, stat! TIA!
A couple more. I'm s*** at taking photos. Definitely looks better in person than in the photos. Added armor as well.

20210709_144306.jpg

20210709_144340.jpg

20210709_144354.jpg

20210709_144306 - Copy.jpg

20210709_144314.jpg

Nice!! Look at post #14 in this thread if you ever want to adjust your fogs to point straight forward.

Nice!! Look at post #14 in this thread if you ever want to adjust your fogs to point straight forward.
I will certainly keep them in mind.

For now, I'm going to try them out more as "trail lights" and keep them pointing out. I may want to give the straight ahead a try at some point though, so that is great info to have.

Just looked at their site. I see the sliders, but no link to more info, price, etc. Any thoughts on them?

Just looked at their site. I see the sliders, but no link to more info, price, etc. Any thoughts on them?
If you are wanting aluminum sliders, then they are a fantastic choice.

How was it fitting those 285/70s?
Was gone all weekend. Sorry for the delayed response.

No issues with the tires. Mounted on stock rims. I have a mild lift (about 3-ish inches), stock UCA's. I did no modification to the wheel wells.

I do have very mild rubbing at full lock in reverse only. It is very easy to drive around though.

I've had these tires on since new, so I can't comment on how they have affected stock performance.

-Chris

Was gone all weekend. Sorry for the delayed response.

No issues with the tires. Mounted on stock rims. I have a mild lift (about 3-ish inches), stock UCA's. I did no modification to the wheel wells.

I do have very mild rubbing at full lock in reverse only. It is very easy to drive around though.

I've had these tires on since new, so I can't comment on how they have affected stock performance.

-Chris
No problem- appreciate it! Did you run them without a lift by chance?

No problem- appreciate it! Did you run them without a lift by chance?
Have had both the tires and lift since day one.

-Chris

Thanks for sharing these. I’m having this same bumper/bull bar color matched to the blizzard pearl. We couldn’t decide if we wanted the bull bar black or white… we decided to keep it black. Yours really looks great!
You're going white bumper with black bull bar? Please post pics when installed!

Thanks for sharing these. I’m having this same bumper/bull bar color matched to the blizzard pearl. We couldn’t decide if we wanted the bull bar black or white… we decided to keep it black. Yours really looks great!

Its always easy for us folks that have a black vehicle to add stuff, because we don't have to worry about color stuff most of the time.

White done right is so awesome. I don;t envy you trying to make it "right" though. Finding the right mix of black accent can be a challenge. I think the Bar would be awesome in black. Are you going to have the rigid fogs in black as well? What bout the fairlead and winch hook? Those little details could make a good looking install great.

You're going white bumper with black bull bar? Please post pics when installed!
^ 100% this. Can't wait to see the pics! @Artie Do you have an ETA on the install?

Its always easy for us folks that have a black vehicle to add stuff, because we don't have to worry about color stuff most of the time.

White done right is so awesome. I don;t envy you trying to make it "right" though. Finding the right mix of black accent can be a challenge. I think the Bar would be awesome in black. Are you going to have the rigid fogs in black as well? What bout the fairlead and winch hook? Those little details could make a good looking install great.

^ 100% this. Can't wait to see the pics! @Artie Do you have an ETA on the install?
I believe the fogs are black frames and we opted for amber over white for the light. The fairlead is factor 55 so it’s gray and the ultra hook is red. I have that ridiculous crazy beaver shovel that’s red, my recovery boards are red, and my canoe is red and I carry it often enough that red is a theme for sure.

ETA is August, I’m having a few other things done.

Any pics of your new bumper color matched in Blizzard Pearl? I gotta see that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom