Diff lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PHH

Hey I’ve got a center diff lock light on a 91 fj80 that does not come on with the switch or when I put it into 4 low. It’s not any of the fuses does anyone know if there’s a way to test the switch any thoughts would be much appreciated thanks. P.S. I recently dumped it in a large body of water and that may be causing some problems.

The sensor or the wiring on the transfer case may of failed, or the actuator itself may of failed. The FSM has testing proceedures.

Actuator probably got water in it. Just had this problem with a Hilux. Simple fix and we then blocked off the breather pipe.

Actuator probably got water in it. Just had this problem with a Hilux. Simple fix and we then blocked off the breather pipe.
Better to extend the breather up higher. Otherwise, condensation will eventually build up inside the transfer case. The water goes to the bottom of the case. It gets deep enough it will start to cause bearing failure, etc. Toyota transfer cases are generally pretty bulletproof, but the slow rot will get them if you let it go.

Better to extend the breather up higher. Otherwise, condensation will eventually build up inside the transfer case. The water goes to the bottom of the case. It gets deep enough it will start to cause bearing failure, etc. Toyota transfer cases are generally pretty bulletproof, but the slow rot will get them if you let it go.
Ok will do. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom