Bilstein 6112/5160 Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanted to add a pic of 6112 on the lowest perch with OME 2720 rear springs

View attachment 2763960

That looks perfect and sort of confirms 2721 might be too much (to match lowest setting in front). Although I will have alu skids, alu bumper and steel sliders on the rig.

2720, maybe with a small spacer might be the ticket.

I still have not received my lift kit from AJ USA, ordered on 4.21.21. They are now saying it should arrive in September. Anyone else having this issue?
I ordered in early April from the same place. Still waiting.

Last edited:
IS there a new Part number for the Front? 47-273146 or 47-311145
Bilstein site shows 47-311145. This thread, I believe talks about 47-273146. Are there any significant changes for the new part number 47-311145

Good catch, you're definitely correct about the part number change. The old number returns item discontinued on 4WP and not available on Summit Racing.

The new number shown on the Bilstein site does return the front kit at 4WP and shockwarehouse.com even acknowledges the new part # while also calling out old part #.

As for differences, you'd likely have to ask Bilstein. Pure conjecture, with recent supply issues, I wouldn't be surprised if part numbers change simply because an internal component is now sourced from a different supplier/location, say something like a valve, seal, or even the rubber bushing. But something could have changed on the engineering side as well, simply don't know.

Good catch, you're definitely correct about the part number change. The old number returns item discontinued on 4WP and not available on Summit Racing.

The new number shown on the Bilstein site does return the front kit at 4WP and shockwarehouse.com even acknowledges the new part # while also calling out old part #.

As for differences, you'd likely have to ask Bilstein. Pure conjecture, with recent supply issues, I wouldn't be surprised if part numbers change simply because an internal component is now sourced from a different supplier/location, say something like a valve, seal, or even the rubber bushing. But something could have changed on the engineering side as well, simply don't know.
Those prices are good!
Also, looks like a 400Lb 1.5" rear spring is out now...
53-297686

Last edited:
IS there a new Part number for the Front? 47-273146 or 47-311145
Bilstein site shows 47-311145. This thread, I believe talks about 47-273146. Are there any significant changes for the new part number 47-311145
I reached out to Bilstein this morning and they got back to me right away. This was his response to the part number change and timeline on when they will be available.

"Thank you for reaching out, I’m happy to assist.

It appears that the kit utilizes different shock part numbers but please know Bilstein can simply change or update a part number because we used a different sticker on the shock (yes it can be as incredibly minute as that and a new part number would be required). In this instance though despite the individual shock part numbers varying, the tuning of the shock is identical so the way that the system will function will not be altered in any way.

47-311145 will supersede the previous part number. It is likely that if you had purchased 47-273146, you may actually end up getting kit part number 47-311145. I would check with your retailer to see if that can be verified. Also your retailer will need to request an ETA update from their distributor or direct account representative as we do not have the resources to verify the ETA based on the specific retailer you ordered from. Reach out to them direct and they will be able to verify the ETA for you.

Thank you for reaching out, have a wonderful day."

Kind Regards,
Jurrian Terpstra
Technical & Warranty Support Expert
thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America, Inc

Anyone here tried Ironman coils on the rear as an alternative to OME 2720/21. Similarly priced and similar spec

- TOY064S Standard Springs 0" Lift (0-440LBS) of additional load
- TOY064A Comfort Springs 1" Lift (0-440LBS) of additional load

Just installed this setup today on the 4th perch with SPC UCA's and Icon 1.75" progressive rate springs in the rear, couldn't be more satisfied. Definitely firmed up the ride but it's not overly stiff, seems to soak up the larger stuff much better. It took some searching but I was able to find everything in stock, it only took 4 separate vendors and getting the fronts from Germany but it's in!

My measurements seem to be on par with what others achieved. I do have a truck vault in the rear which is about 150-175 lbs empty if I remember correctly. It sits about 3/4" lower than anticipated but that's what was lost when it was installed with the factory rear setup. Currently no rear shim installed and with a full tank of fuel the passenger side rear is about 3/4" lower than the drivers, will let it settle out for a few hundred miles and if it's still off toss that spacer in.

Will try to get some pics tomorrow in the daylight, I was in such a rush to get this on I did not get any good before shots.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 8.28.04 PM.png

I’m toying with the idea of setting the front to 2” and just adding 1” in the rear

would this work?
1” rear coil spacer

or is there a better version?
Well, after a year of watching so many cool rigs go higher I pulled the trigger and got 2721 springs - thanks @sherman for the springs!
I set the front on the third perch… and of course I’m happy with the look but I was shocked about how much better the rear handles than stock, I was expecting the opposite…

pictures tomorrow- a bit late since of course I keep having bad luck, the shop broke a CV in the process and they had to replace it. At least they owned up to it…

Last edited:
Well, after a year of watching so many cool rigs go higher I pulled the trigger and got 2721 springs - thanks @sherman for the springs!
I set the front on the third perch… and of course I’m happy with the look but I was shocked about how much better the rear handles than stock, I was expecting the opposite…

pictures tomorrow- a bit late since of course I keep having bad luck, the shop broke a CV in the process and they had to replace it. At least they owned up to it…
UPDATE: Changed to 4th Perch
IMG_0238.jpeg

UPDATE 2
0.75" Bora Spacers
IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

BEFORE: Perch 3 with 2721 21.5" Front and 22.5" rear (new springs, I'll report if they settle overtime) 3rd row seats. Tires are Duratrac 275/70-18

tempImagefQrZEt.jpg

BEFORE: 1" front only
IMG_0653.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are some pictures Perch 3 with 2721 21.5" Front and 22.5" rear (new springs, I'll report if they settle overtime) 3rd row seats. Tires are Duratrac 275/70-18
Picture angles change perspective...
View attachment 2770378View attachment 2770379
View attachment 2770380
before
View attachment 2770384
I'm interested to find out how much (or how little) the back sags with those 2721 rear springs when you load up the back with 400+ pounds.

The Bilstein rear springs sag too much when I load the back up with camping equipment.

I'm interested to find out how much (or how little) the back sags with those 2721 rear springs when you load up the back with 400+ pounds.

The Bilstein rear springs sag too much when I load the back up with camping equipment.
I will be towing a trailer with furniture next week, I will make sure to measure and take pictures

Installed the .75" wheels spacers today and snagged a pic, 4th perch on the front and 1.75" icon springs in the rear.

IMG_3947.jpg

Can you recall how much was the sag and an estimated load weight in the cargo area?

Are you also considering air bags?

Bilstein is soon, or already, to have new rear springs for heavier loads than the springs with their original Cruiser kit. I posted about it several months ago.

Can you recall how much was the sag and an estimated load weight in the cargo area?

Are you also considering air bags?

Bilstein is soon, or already, to have new rear springs for heavier loads than the springs with their original Cruiser kit. I posted about it several months ago.
I didn't measure, but it was pretty clear that the sag was probably all 2" that the rear springs normally gave me when unloaded.

I did remember about you posting about Bilstein' s soon-to-be released heavier duty springs, but I think that was a long time ago, and I haven't seen any new offerings from Bilstein in the meantime.

I am eyeing the OME 2721 (and the Icon springs that @LCTX mentioned), both of which would give close to the same lift I have now, but are progressive and should help avoid sag even when the load increases. Not sure if the yet-to-be-released Bilstein springs would be progressive.

EDIT:

I've toyed with the idea of airbags, but probably won't get them.

The sag I mentioned above was with a load of probably about 450 or 500 pounds... that's my best guess.

I didn't measure, but it was pretty clear that the sag was probably all 2" that the rear springs normally gave me when unloaded.

I did remember about you posting about Bilstein' s soon-to-be released heavier duty springs, but I think that was a long time ago, and I haven't seen any new offerings from Bilstein in the meantime.

I am eyeing the OME 2721 (and the Icon springs that @LCTX mentioned), both of which would give close to the same lift I have now, but are progressive and should help avoid sag even when the load increases. Not sure if the yet-to-be-released Bilstein springs would be progressive.

EDIT:

I've toyed with the idea of airbags, but probably won't get them.

The sag I mentioned above was with a load of probably about 450 or 500 pounds... that's my best gues
Pic is with back fully loaded for 1 month trip plus full roof and bikes… had 5 people in truck and it performed admirably 7200 mile endurance test! You can see not much sag

4F827571-A391-4A12-918B-86EBFE1CA1EB.jpeg

Pic is with back fully loaded for 1 month trip plus full roof and bikes… had 5 people in truck and it performed admirably 7200 mile endurance test! You can see not much sag

View attachment 2770718
That looks perfect! That's basically the same amount of load I have on our trips. Just to be clear, you're running the 2721 in back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom