Dobinson Drawers As Sleeping Platform (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone here have the dobinson drawers? If the 2nd row seats are folded, are they flush with the drawers? I would've liked to build my own sleeping platform/drawers but I do not have the space and tools.

Thanks

I have the Dobs drawers and all you need to do is when you lay the second row seat back down forward, just pull the lever on the side of the seat to release the seat bottom and place either a board or something underneath it that will level the seat out. Then you can lay your inflatable mattress across the top of the drawers and the seat back. Depending on the size of you mattress you'll need to slide your driver/passenger seats forward for extra space. Lastly I found too that if you take of the rear passenger head rest off then spin it around and reinstall it, it will work as a pillow or give you a little extra support for a pillow.

Hopefully I explained that clearly for you.

Back Seat.jpg

I have the Dobs drawers and all you need to do is when you lay the second row seat back down forward, just pull the lever on the side of the seat to release the seat bottom and place either a board or something underneath it that will level the seat out. Then you can lay your inflatable mattress across the top of the drawers and the seat back. Depending on the size of you mattress you'll need to slide your driver/passenger seats forward for extra space. Lastly I found too that if you take of the rear passenger head rest off then spin it around and reinstall it, it will work as a pillow or give you a little extra support for a pillow.

Hopefully I explained that clearly for you.
Thanks!! Sweet setup btw. So its not quite flush as the drawers are shorter in height compared to the 2nd row seats?

Thanks!! Sweet setup btw. So its not quite flush as the drawers are shorter in height compared to the 2nd row seats?
It just looks like a ramp towards the passenger seat in the photo because I didn't prop up the back seat. Once you put a 2x4 or something under the seat it will level out pretty good.

It just looks like a ramp towards the passenger seat in the photo because I didn't prop up the back seat. Once you put a 2x4 or something under the seat it will level out pretty good.
Ahh gotcha I think I understand.. So you put a 2x4 at an angle with the seat so that it becomes level with the drawers? Do you happen to have a photo of the seats folded but without your mattress in the way?

Ahh gotcha I think I understand.. So you put a 2x4 at an angle with the seat so that it becomes level with the drawers? Do you happen to have a photo of the seats folded but without your mattress in the way?
You just need to put a 2x4 under the seat bottom where it clips in to the anchors in the floor. No need to angle it just lay flat. I'll take a photo later and post up.

Not sure if this helps at all. So you will have a small gap between the seat and the drawers but it's not noticeable at least to me. Like I said just put something under the seat bottom once you release it from the holders. Anything will work to level it out.
20210825_135652.jpg

20210825_135729.jpg

20210825_135658.jpg

Not sure if this helps at all. So you will have a small gap between the seat and the drawers but it's not noticeable at least to me. Like I said just put something under the seat bottom once you release it from the holders. Anything will work to level it out.
Awesome thank you!!!

I'm a dummy - I slept in the back of the 80 for 3 days last week and crunched about 8" of my person because I didn't think to just fold down the rear seat back (I flipped it all the way forward)

:facepalm:

Great info. I am thinking of the Dobson drawers, do they attach to the vehicle in some way, or do they just sit in there. Are you happy with them? Would love some additional input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom