Weird ‘71 steering gear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So you think if I pull one of those washer shims out it might help me pull in some of that steering slop?

IMG_20210821_192450633.jpg

That wouldn’t contribute to steering play would it?
I say no.
Have you had someone in the cab moving the steering wheel back and forth while you looked at all of your rod ends?

That's from the factory?

View attachment 2766035

Picture is worth at least a thousand words. As mentioned that is not stock washers. By only adding them.to the back it help greatly at the firewall to help with a 4" lift. It also created uneven forces on the case steering box housing. I know Toyota over built these but would hate to think what would have happened if just one of the four mounts cracked and box flexed a little until the three just snapped at one time. There is thread some where in the 40 section on previous owners hacks. Believe it's something like Wall of shame. This mod belongs in that thread.

Picture is worth at least a thousand words. As mentioned that is not stock washers. By only adding them.to the back it help greatly at the firewall to help with a 4" lift. It also created uneven forces on the case steering box housing. I know Toyota over built these but would hate to think what would have happened if just one of the four mounts cracked and box flexed a little until the three just snapped at one time. There is thread some where in the 40 section on previous owners hacks. Believe it's something like Wall of shame. This mod belongs in that thread.
I guess I shouldn’t show a picture of the hood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom