Need help identifying Tires/Rims/Paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm hoping someone has a keen eye and can help me identify the tires and rims in the following picture.
I know the tires are BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's, but any Tire pros out there that have a best guess on size (Height, width?)
Also can anyone identify the make/size of those rims?
Is that an OEM Paint color?
Lift? Backspacing.

This was a build done by a restoration company and I reached out to them, but this was in the tear down stage so they don't have any info on it.
I think the color, tire, lift, spacing ratio gives it that perfect toy Tonka truck look I am going for, so I am trying to get it right the first time around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
FB_IMG_1628628151420.jpg

I've got 315s on my Ram 2500 (but those are on 17" rims)...so that would be roughly a 35x12.5. If you try and count the tread, it seems like the 40's are a touch smaller, so I'm guessing 33x12.5's on 16s.

Backspacing? Negative something. 😆

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 1.13.39 PM.png

Your tire size should be printed/molded in the sidewall, just before the wheel size

Your tire size should be printed/molded in the sidewall, just before the wheel size
I gather RickDrake is using that photo for a build reference. That’s why he reached out to the builder for info.

I would guess a 33x12.5 or so. Are those rear wheel arches trimmed?

I gather RickDrake is using that photo for a build reference. That’s why he reached out to the builder for info.
Yes that's correct, This is the only reference photo I have to go off of and not clear enough of right angle to read the tire info. The builders said this was the tear down. Too bad, IMO I would toss on a stubby bumper, roll bar and bucket seats and call it job done. One man's tear down is another man's build up I guess.

Yes that's correct, This is the only reference photo I have to go off of
I imagine there are plenty of pics of similarly set up 40s, probably even some in that color. Maybe search for threads like "show me your Coronado Beige 40 on 33s or 35s with a mild lift" or something like that. Plus, the owner will often specify exactly how they got the Tonka look and answer that question.

I imagine there are plenty of pics of similarly set up 40s, probably even some in that color. Maybe search for threads like "show me your Coronado Beige 40 on 33s or 35s with a mild lift" or something like that. Plus, the owner will often specify exactly how they got the Tonka look and answer that question.
Good idea. Thanks. Now it's just a matter of figuring out those cool retro or Vintage "deep dish" rims. Thanks for the help everyone.

Are those rear wheel arches trimmed?

Clearly they been hacked, I meant trimmed. While I did HVAC I held a journeyman sheet metal card for years. Not a fan of trimmed rear wheel wells. But if I were going too would made two piece of thick metal that matched the arche I was looking. Would the cut the flange off the arche. Clamp the two pattern pieces for the new arche and slowly work the metal over. Possibly heating on the upper corners. Cut it down to a even flange and file the sharp edges. That flange is there for more that protecting the tires from getting cut. They add strength to a piece of flat metal. Seen plenty of 40 with flares but never one that someone created a flange on the cut wheel well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom