Bonnie '62 FST in WA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I goggled the original owner and the very small town where this truck was originally purchased.

The owner popped up 44 years prior to the purchase date associated with the board of a local bank.

People were being drafted for WW I. News involving horses was common. Here are some headlines:

THE MALHEUR ENTERPRISE
VALE, OREGON, SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 1918

A good rain would be welcome.
Several of the farmers are hauling
water.

The Brogan district has gone way
over the top in its allotment in the
Liberty Loan drive. We're bound to
help Uncle Sam lick the Kaiser all
we can.

Mr. and Mrs. S. H. Corliss have a
chicken dinner Sunday for a number
of their friends.

Pete and George Ilader. two of our
boys who have been called to the
colors were in Fangollano Friday, tell
ing friends "good-bye".

Horses Run Away on Steep Grade

When going down a steep grade,
Saturday, E. W. Oliver's team ran
away, doing considerable damage to
the wagon and harness, but fortunately Mr. Oliver escaped without in jury.

One day last week a bridge broke
thru with Albert Morfitt as he was
crossing with a grain drill, and but
for the assistance of neighbors his
team would have drowned.

A. Bigbee received his call last
Tuesday to leave for service for Uncle
Sam.

W. E. Boyd and E. Stream have
been very busy the last few days
looking for some horses that have
strayed away.

"They Can't Call You a Slacker if You Own a Liberty Bond"

I speculate that J.B. Adrian (like myself), purchased this truck later in his career. Just imagine the early lives of these first Land Cruiser owners!

Alternatively, it may have been a senior family member of the same name that made the papers in 1918, but either way, it's cool stuff.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the correct air cleaner was in 1962? I have this:
20210714_221226.jpg

And also another that took a hit at some point.
20210714_221307.jpg

Maybe the answer is neither. If so, know what years they did belong to?

Last edited:
It does, thanks. I think the design was also around in 1961, per a classfied ID.

Man I think I would attempt to remove the yellow with Good off or acetone and see how it looks before immediately jumping into a frame-off. Get it driving first! :)

I think you should have this air cleaner, this is in a 63 Cruiser. I think dog kibble was a dealer add on.
View attachment 2732751

Correct, 64 is when the air cleaner changed to the one pictured. Generator was replaced by an alternator. Destin's 64's restore thread believe had this information. For the most pair US market had an oil bath air cleaner up thru 67. Then was a dry paper element after that. The FJ25s I've owned with the original engine had the early 40 style minus the tube for valve cover vent. The two 1961 production FJ40s I have both have the vent tube which is part of the PCV system. Seems first few years of the FJ40 both PCV and non PCV were used. If you have a vent tube on your valve cover will determine which air cleaner you need.

Correct, 64 is when the air cleaner changed to the one pictured. Generator was replaced by an alternator. Destin's 64's restore thread believe had this information. For the most pair US market had an oil bath air cleaner up thru 67. Then was a dry paper element after that. The FJ25s I've owned with the original engine had the early 40 style minus the tube for valve cover vent. The two 1961 production FJ40s I have both have the vent tube which is part of the PCV system. Seems first few years of the FJ40 both PCV and non PCV were used. If you have a vent tube on your valve cover will determine which air cleaner you need.
Cool! I wondered when the transition was for the ribbed vs smooth air cleaner top. :)

The Land Cruiser Heritage Museum has this 1962. It might be useful as a picture reference. It, along with their 1963 and 1964 have been very helpful for my late 1963 FJ45 refresh.

well , mr. mace

BRING IT ON !

post this 1962 photos for Kieths Refrence ............... :)

Anyone know what the correct air cleaner was in 1962? I have this:View attachment 2731749
And also another that took a hit at some point. View attachment 2731750
Maybe the answer is neither. If so, know what years they did belong to?

Kieth ,

I mailed you out one of my NON-USA larger size Spec . Updated Air Box wing nut grommet seals combo nuts

you need one , like we talked about

in mail today

thanks

1626892225305.png

1626892266230.png

1626892297462.png

You need a nice blue plate SD40 for her. Have you replaced the labels or are they in that good of shape?
I do. i have to carbs, but one is missing plate and glass and the other is missing the plate. the carb and one plug wire were all that we found had been replaced.

The Land Cruiser Heritage Museum has this 1962. It might be useful as a picture reference. It, along with their 1963 and 1964 have been very helpful for my late 1963 FJ45 refresh.
That's a pretty truck. I wonder about both mirrors, the radiator, and the battery terminals. What's the knob left of the throttle? Would the shift knob have been painted?

Last edited:
20210820_091159.jpg

Hats off to @Birdhead for this restored steering wheel. The horn button is original to the truck AFAIK. I could not, for the life of me remove the old one buy hand, but a puller popped it right off. I haven't actually assembled the mysterous horn bits inside yet, but they seem to all be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom