Wiring 76 wiper motor to Switch Pro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
there are 3 grounds and 1 power going to the wiper motor
1 ground runs low speed
1 ground runs high speed
1 ground is for park

the grounds are run by the switch
the + is constant

are you using an aftermarket wire harness?
I didn't look at your link about the switch.
I thought you were just using a different switch, you could get a good used switch and use it.

I think something like this would work using a couple automotive relays. I would get relays rated for inductive loads since you are interrupting the current from the motor windings.

20210813_122830.jpg

are you using an aftermarket wire harness?
I didn't look at your link about the switch.
I thought you were just using a different switch, you could get a good used switch and use it.
Yes, aftermarket. The switchpros rcr force 12. I'm really pressed for room to add switches.

Following, as I'm thinking doing the same thing to my 74.

OP, do you have a build thread on yours?
I do have a build thread, but have not updated it in awhile. I'll update it.

I think something like this would work using a couple automotive relays. I would get relays rated for inductive loads since you are interrupting the current from the motor windings.

View attachment 2757657
Thanks @Engineer8000 .

I think I'm understanding your drawing. And I don't know inductive load relays so I appreciate the pointer. This is exactly what I needed.

A Bosch 0 332 209 161 would be a good choice for the relays, they have a good motor load rating. Bosch uses a resistor across the coil to limit EMI so the flyback diodes should not be required. Look at your switch panel literature a see what it says about using with relays. The relay coils only draw 140 mA so you can use low current switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom