Wanted Need some parts for my PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Blastservices

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello,

I’m searching for some general parts for a 4/73’ FJ55

I need the two pieces of metal that hold the outside tailgate seal to the tailgate. They sandwich the scrapper rubber.
DBB6A527-2198-46D7-97A8-0E2BC9877A24.png

Part number 9.

I also need a fuel tank badly. I have started a conversation with another user and hope is pans out but I’m dead on a lift with no options (good ones) to move forward. Can’t drive the truck and need to sort out run I g issues as well. The fuel tank in my truck has one line coming out the passenger side and one coming out of the driver side. Plus the filler and vent/over flow that leads to the fuel filler area.
Mine was badly hacked to access the inside and then the whole top brazed with silicon bronze back on. It leaks like a screen door past 15 Gallons.

F14756F1-F253-4DD7-BF3E-9D3E3E5A31A7.jpeg

74066921-B61E-4ADB-A23A-35E6666B9641.jpeg

9059DBE5-8F71-4E88-B1A2-803CFCDE102B.jpeg

CB1B184C-F91C-4AD6-AB18-A6BD0F68408C.jpeg

I updated our PM to work on the tank. I also should have a pair of the #9s on my shelf somewhere. Let me double check at same time for tank measurements.

4/73’ there is less pipes on my tank verse his but I can plug those
Hmm... According to SOR, our Pigs used the same tank from 9/71 to 8/76. This might be a chance to go back and fix someone else's hack job.

Check out your fuel separator - does it have the 4 chambers?

Hmm... According to SOR, our Pigs used the same tank from 9/71 to 8/76. This might be a chance to go back and fix someone else's hack job.

Mine doesn’t have a fuel separator? Would it have if it was from Venezuela?

Last edited:
There no lines or provisions for lines to enter up into the quarter panel where I would assume the separator mounts.
closer look at my fuel tank the hose outlet on the driver side (aside from the vent ) appears to be installed by the “cutter” of the tank. It isn’t swedged on the end.

Mine doesn’t have a fuel separator? Would it have if it was from Venezuela?

No separator on the parts diagrams. Look up a 1973 General Country FJ55 on ToyoDiy.com and you can see all the parts diagrams. Very different than the SOR diagram for a US model. The fuel pump, etc. are in the "Engine" section and the fuel tank and associated lines are in the "body" section. You can probably put your VIN into the system instead of going by year. Sometimes you have to put an extra 0 in front of the number. Just FYI.

No separator on the parts diagrams. Look up a 1973 General Country FJ55 on ToyoDiy.com and you can see all the parts diagrams. Very different than the SOR diagram for a US model. The fuel pump, etc. are in the "Engine" section and the fuel tank and associated lines are in the "body" section. You can probably put your VIN into the system instead of going by year. Sometimes you have to put an extra 0 in front of the number. Just FYI.
Couple questions..
I don’t see any diagrams just part lists and numbers w/prices, ami missing something to view diagrams?
also, prices? Are those still available through the dealer network? Some of the prices look realistic to old stock.

Couple questions..
I don’t see any diagrams just part lists and numbers w/prices, ami missing something to view diagrams?
also, prices? Are those still available through the dealer network? Some of the prices look realistic to old stock.
Ignore those prices. They mean nothing. You need to register to see the parts diagrams. Just need an email address and a password. I have never had any spam or anything from this website so it's pretty harmless.

Ignore those prices. They mean nothing. You need to register to see the parts diagrams. Just need an email address and a password. I have never had any spam or anything from this website so it's pretty harmless.
Post pics from the diagrams!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom