Wheel and Tires on 78 40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a set of Goodrich Baja Champion All Terrain 31x10 on my white rims on my '78 FJ40. I've had them for 6 years and they look awesome - but I'm not offroading. I love the look of the original size tires with stainless steel but wanted the opinions of a few folks here. Will there be a problem with suspension height with 31s now set up? If anyone is a fan of the original, what tires and wheels are most accurate or what wheel/tire set up has that look and is most efficient. I'm a bit torn so help from those who know more or have experienced both would be really appreciated. Thanks!

... what tires and wheels are most accurate ...

If you want to go back to original, you'd want the stock 15" steel wheels and hub caps, both still available from Toyota.

The original tires were 29" if I'm not mistaken.

Originals are still able to be bought new from Toyota as a 15x5.5 inch rim. Looks amazing. Another option that is very popular is a wheel from cityracers. The city racer is a 16x6 inch rim, looks OEM, can fit OEM hubcaps and can fit more tire sizes, but they are a lot more expensive than OEM.

city racer:

OEM:

Originals are still able to be bought new from Toyota as a 15x5.5 inch rim. Looks amazing. Another option that is very popular is a wheel from cityracers. The city racer is a 16x6 inch rim, looks OEM, can fit OEM hubcaps and can fit more tire sizes, but they are a lot more expensive than OEM.

city racer:

OEM:
awesome - thanks so much!

You can buy new OEM rims at your dealer, too, and hubcaps. 235-75-15s are the typical tire size people use now, however they came with H-78-15s, which are more like a 225-75-15. IMO, go with 235s for a stock-like appearance.

Thanks all. Are these rims worth much?
image.jpg

@TuckerHudson might like to read this if he hasn’t already:

You can buy new OEM rims at your dealer, too, and hubcaps. 235-75-15s are the typical tire size people use now, however they came with H-78-15s, which are more like a 225-75-15. IMO, go with 235s for a stock-like appearance.
So would a P235 or 245 / 70R-16 or 75R-16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T look better than P265/75R-16 Yokohama Geolander G015 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom