Thinking of pulling trigger on first 80 series this week, got some concerns and apprehensions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, just an update, this deal isn't happening for me.
There is a lack of communication. I don't think they are trying to scam me. I think she doesn't know the answers, is selling for someone else, or there is a language barrier. This is better left to someone that lives closer, and or knows what they are looking at. I honestly haven't received an answer on a single question in regards to the maintenance or work history on the car, much less an address where to go to look at it.

Considering the possible issues with the 80 series, and since my budget prevents me from getting one of the mint cars that are selling for crazy money (looking at you bat), i might just start looking at 100 series instead. Or maybe I'll just save up some more, and get 2016+ 200 once my budget and the asks are lining up.
Looking at the Black 200 series with the Total Chaos suspension ... one can dream.

Thanks everyone for the help and input on this one.
if you think a 100s or 200s can replace the 80s with all things consider equal, then the 80s is not for you. It really depends on what you are doing with the truck and to me, if your not remotely close to doing any fair bit of rock crawling, and perhaps the extent of fire road is all you want to venture, then the 100s is far superior than the 80s or even better the 200s. I see you live in Tampa, so basically right near where i grew up (Fort Myers). Get the 100s and be done with, and it will suit you well.

Marco, i can see the difference in the 80 to the 100. Why do you consider the 100 a better choice then the 200 (besides the higher prices).
Problem with living in Tampa, there isn't much for off-roading near here, that doesn't involve a mud hole (besides Hardrock maybe).

Marco, i can see the difference in the 80 to the 100. Why do you consider the 100 a better choice then the 200 (besides the higher prices).
Problem with living in Tampa, there isn't much for off-roading near here, that doesn't involve a mud hole (besides Hardrock maybe)

Same reasons why very few takes a G - Wagon offroad. If budget is not a concern, 200s all day for overlanding stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom