What are the lightest sliders with a step? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

03BF0680-9AA7-449C-9D00-07A026A91ECD.jpeg

Those are the 4runner OEM ones? How big is the front and rear gap? Can you use it as a step?
They are the 4runner OEM ones.

2019 Toyota 4Runner Rock Rails - Right - PT22889190 - Genuine Toyota Accessory - https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota_2019_4Runner/Rock-Rails---Right/97004245/PT22889190.html

I'm not sure about the question about the front gap. As you see in my pictures there is no gap between the slide and the prado side skirts. Without the prado skirts the distance to the back of the front tire is probably 7-10 inches.

You cannot use it as a step with the prado side skirt. That is probably also true of the GX460 skirt that is cut. Maybe without a skirt you could fit a foot in there but then the bottom of the car looks unfinished.

I have All-Pro sliders on my GX470, although they are actually a 5th gen T4R slider and therefore should fit a 460 (I had to do some drilling to put them on my 470 - you shouldn't need to). They have a kickout and work with KDSS. You will have to cut the skirts but that is easy with a dremel. They look great and function great as a step for my family. They are around 50 lbs per side and plenty beefy, but overly so. Despite my GX being stock height and wheeling in CO, UT, and around here, I have yet to whack them with anything....IMO you'll need to be doing some pretty hard wheeling or not pick the best wheel placement to actually hit a slider. As others have mentioned they are a great insurance policy though and on of the best mods that can be made for access into the vehicle and aesthetics.

Last edited:
@clearmysix I love the look of those sliders and wheels! Is that lifted? What size tires? Are those just stick bronze oem trd wheels? Looks great!
Thank you. I agree this turned out great.

1. Got prado side skirts
2. Toyota 4Runner sliders
3. Lifted 2 inches front and rear with Bilsteins
4. 17 inch trd rims
5. Bfg ko2 255 load range c tires. I think they are 32.1 inches tall but a bit skinnier than stock.

Made a beautiful package.

Thank you. I agree this turned out great.

1. Got prado side skirts
2. Toyota 4Runner sliders
3. Lifted 2 inches front and rear with Bilsteins
4. 17 inch trd rims
5. Bfg ko2 255 load range c tires. I think they are 32.1 inches tall but a bit skinnier than stock.

Made a beautiful package.

In the process of ordering stuff for my '21; finally getting around to mods.

Did you get the prado skirts from carmarka? Do you need to trim those with the 4Runner sliders?

Looking really good with the KO2s. I'm thinking of 265/70/R17 myself on 4Runner TRD Off Road wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom