Jump seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a pair of later model jump seats that I believe is a 79-up with fold down legs. The reason I believe they are a 79-up is because of the color of the jump seat frames which are grey.
My cruiser is a 74 and plan on powder coating the frame black to match the roll bar and other parts in the cruiser. I’m also looking into buying some dark charcoal seat covers to match my front seats (which I need to buy foam and covers for them as well).
My question is that is there a difference in the covers from 9/73 to 78 vs 79-up? SOR and @cruisercorps has them as separate part number. I spoke with someone at SOR and he said that the bottom part of the seat is what makes the difference and can’t recall the reason why. The individual at SOR also believes mine is a 78 from due to having to push the fold down leg over and then down to drop it. My statement is that the frame is grey and from what I remember reading is that 79 is when the roll bar and seat frames went grey. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Cimarron

C62C6BDA-1A18-4948-9031-1B6FEDAAF22A.jpeg

BBC5DE9F-CEC6-4674-B938-348174665475.jpeg

The jump seats you have are for sure 79-up

There are several indications some of which you have mentioned. The grey frames are the first dead give away along with the drop down leg design. There were in fact some 78 with drop down legs as well but if the metal on the bottom allows for the leg to fold down in it you need the 79-up covers. Also the material on those seats still have the original material which was a lighter color and a heavy grain.

Mike

The jump seats you have are for sure 79-up

There are several indications some of which you have mentioned. The grey frames are the first dead give away along with the drop down leg design. There were in fact some 78 with drop down legs as well but if the metal on the bottom allows for the leg to fold down in it you need the 79-up covers. Also the material on those seats still have the original material which was a lighter color and a heavy grain.

Mike
Thanks! I did measure it to the dimensions on your website and it measured out to indicate that it is a 78. I’ll get some pictures of it in the next few days with a tape measure on it to verify.

The grey frames are the first dead give away along with the drop down leg design.
Great info.
However, is it true that they did not have grey/pewter rear frames around 73-74? Mine( which I thought to be original to my Nov '74 without the drop leg) are pewter grey in color.
What color(s) should they have been if not that?
Ordering powder this week so want to extra sure.

Great info.
However, is it true that they did not have grey/pewter rear frames around 73-74? Mine( which I thought to be original to my Nov '74 without the drop leg) are pewter grey in color.
What color(s) should they have been if not that?
Ordering powder this week so want to extra sure.
As far as I know they should have been black.

As far as I know they should have been black.
I know you might be right Cims as I've seen pics and heard others attest to that. However, besides my seats I also have an original 72-73 sales brochure that appears to show pewter also so I'm wondering if there was some variety in those transitional years. Definitely not grey but not (at least in this case) black. Sorry for highjacking your thread I just know we are both in the same spot with getting ready to paint our seats and appreciate your like-mindedness when it comes to restoration.

IMG_2610.jpeg

IMG_2612.jpeg

IMG_2613.jpeg

I know you might be right Cims as I've seen pics and heard others attest to that. However, besides my seats I also have an original 72-73 sales brochure that appears to show pewter also so I'm wondering if there was some variety in those transitional years. Definitely not grey but not (at least in this case) black. Sorry for highjacking your thread I just know we are both in the same spot with getting ready to paint our seats and appreciate your like-mindedness when it comes to restoration.

View attachment 2754164

View attachment 2754165

View attachment 2754166
You and I are like minded in the restoration on our 40’s. And your not high jacking my tread. Glad you could chime in.

So I sent some pictures to SOR and Kay said the jump seats are a 78. The problem I’m facing is SOR doesn’t sell charcoal jump seat covers from 79-83 but Cruiser Corps does are at least black ( which is fine as well) Regardless weather I get them from SOR or Cruiser Corps the seats are different in dimensions from a 74-78 and 79-83.
Any help from the experts would be appreciated.
More photos

0A44201E-B854-43DB-BE82-803A3A060B63.jpeg

CD01738B-B34C-41E4-A5E6-E41C50923BA7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom